Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What makes a good team?

Yes - that's it exactly! Thank you.

Does anyone have any more ... I want to brainstorm for some staff input and wondered what fellow forum members could come up with!

x

I would add being supportive and understanding. Knowing their strengths and being willing to ask advice from co workers to support their weaker areas of knowledge and skills.

A good team member knows when to talk management direction positively.

• Like 2

I like it that all our team have strenghs in different areas which makes it all come together!! some are fab with parents (and always know what to say B) ) some always have terrific ideas, some are brilliant at paperwork and keep us on our toes!! We are lucky we all 'slot' in but I must admit its always nice when someone else says 'thats a good idea' or' that turned out well'. I think continually encouraging each other is important and yes, to have a laugh together, because we all know, its a tough job :D

Patience with each other when things aren't going well personally for one of the team

and communicate, communicate, communicate!!!! (I don't know what's wrong if you don't tell me!)

• Like 2

Understanding yourself and opening up what is shared and known about you as an individual team member.

When I did a general management course a couple of years ago the johari window model stuck in my mind. I still reflect on myself using this idea and it's made me think about openness and how we actually develop the climate for sharing fears and concerns about our performance.

http://www.businessballs.com/johariwindowmodel.htm

Cx

Edited by catma
  • Like 1

I think that knowing your own role and that of the others in your team is important.

Valuing each others input, be that physical or intellectual.

Sharing chocolate. Vital !!