Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Proposed Day of Action - Saturday June 1st

HappyMaz

I've been reading a bit about the proposed day of action to take Ms Truss on at her own game, and to take back some level of control in the current debate.

I was wondering if any of you know of anything that has been organised, and whether you were planning to get involved, and whether we could form a Forum contingent to take part?

We have so much passion, knowledge and experience here that it seems a shame only we get to know how brilliant we all are. Maybe it is time to show the world what we're made of.

• Like 1

Thanks Cait: that's where I got my information from originally. I can't actually find anything about what people might be doing. I've joined the Linkdin group thingy so maybe I'll find out more. Does anyone actually use Linkdin? :o

Until popping in here this is nothing that I had heard of - thanks Cait for the link to the article - have to get my thinking cap on about what can do.

In answer to your query Maz not a Linkdin dude

I googled. June 1st is a day of action around the world for a variety of people so I imagine there will be a rally somewhere and everyone goes with tehir own placard, I certainly couldnt find anything specific to us.

I'm not linkdin either not in any way shape or form! :D

So it's a day of action with no action? ;)

Hmmmm - I thought that - bothers me a bit - made me think of 'breweries' :ph34r: - perhaps the 'how and where' will filter through - hope so - not that I can take an active part - already booked for 'puppy sitting' :1b my son's 4 month chocolate lab is coming to stay for a fortnight - lovely! :1b

• Like 2

Well I've joined that Linkdin group, so I'll see what they're saying once my application for membership has been approved. Could just be me walking up and down outside the Minister's Office with my hand-painted placard at this rate! :blink:

• Like 1

Well I've joined that Linkdin group, so I'll see what they're saying once my application for membership has been approved. Could just be me walking up and down outside the Minister's Office with my hand-painted placard at this rate! :blink:

:o Well I can't have that - could join you with Alfie - (puppy) :blink: not sure I fancy taking him on a train though and definitely can't drive as he 'throws up' on car journeys :ph34r:xDxDxD

Checked on the one voice page Rea posted there are a couple of word documents on there with proposals, but they don't say much really... no more than has already been posted... one was ideas on what to do when organising a campaign.. nothing about what has been organised..

if it is this hard to find out if anything is happening seems likely it will not be as well supported as it should/could be,,

• Like 1

I am on LinkdIn and requested to join the group but haven't been approved yet (a week or so ago). I'd also love to be involved but it does seem as though little is happening. I read on Twitter some talk of local but co-ordinated events with a pro forma flyer and letter to support, but I don't think that has been organised yet. And this worries me more than anything as it seems there have been lots of petitions and different responses to consultations but our lack of a co-ordinated response seems to have a poor effect :( Sorry - just feeling a bit disheartened about lots!

Well do you ever feel like you're being watched :ph34r: ? Posted above, went to make tea and checked my emails to see my request to join the LinkdIn group had been approved - spooky!