Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Well, I've got to say..

Rea

Its only a small amount of sunshine but I feel great today. :D:D

Smiley, happy, upbeat, positive and energetic.

Its 8.5 degrees according to my car, the sky is blue with just some small high up random clouds and I can feel the warmth.

Hope its as lovely wherever you are. :D:D

• Like 1

Me too!

I've been working in my sewing room and it's so warm and sunny, I've had to stop for a break as I'm getting too hot B)

You have a sewing room?! I'm very jealous. I think sewing is going to be on my list of things to do next week - a few unfinished projects to work on but I'd love to make a quilt for myself!

Me too!

I've been working in my sewing room and it's so warm and sunny, I've had to stop for a break as I'm getting too hot B)

You have a sewing room?! I'm very jealous. I think sewing is going to be on my list of things to do next week - a few unfinished projects to work on but I'd love to make a quilt for myself!

'Scuse me - what about the book?! :oxD

Guest sn0wdr0p

It looks like it is going to be just as lovely today. Boys outside playing and just going to start planning the building of a tree house with Dad. Lovely and peaceful inside giving me the opportunity to work on my new website. Being the technophobe that I am I'm sure I wont be as happy in an hour and the lure of the weather will draw me outside.

My youngest sons first gymnastics competition this afternoon - he is pretty nervous but has forgotten all about it as he chased the dog round the garden.

I can't believe how much of a boost the sunshine has given to my mood - roll on summer.

Yes sunny, a plus, but a wind that is so biting and cold... had the log fire lit early yesterday , having had the windows open and a good airing through the house , washing not drying outside, just getting cold and wet!

Today is a little better,sunny with a bit less of a wind, but it is still very cold, went on the seafront for a walk, in all my winter woollies and it still felt cold...

now need it warmer as well as sunny , is that asking too much.??

Absolutely beautiful here today - sun, no wind - yay! :1b

We have been busy outside - grass cutting etc. :1b

Need it to warm up now - we have trays of plants grown from seed everywhere around the house - well not quite 'everywhere'! :1b

No sun today - but hey it's dry! :1b

I have been destroying cutting back a hedge - using a saw for some of the tough bits - woohoo - what fun - not sure what Mr S will make of my efforts when he gets home :blink: xD

I feel a bonfire coming on! xD

No sun today - but hey it's dry! :1b

I have been destroying cutting back a hedge - using a saw for some of the tough bits - woohoo - what fun - not sure what Mr S will make of my efforts when he gets home :blink: xD

I feel a bonfire coming on! xD

Every year Mr Rea goes away for a week fishing. Every year for 4 years he came home to one more tree missing from the garden! They were big conifers, I didnt like them and enlisted the help of the local kids to hang on each tree as I use a old rusty tennon saw.

Another year he came back to no fridge because I'd used a hammer and chisel on the ice that was packed solid in the little frozen bit and hit too hard, releasing all the CFCS into the atmosphere and another year he came home to a pile of bricks in the kitchen where the breakfast bar used to be!

I'm sure Mr S will be fine with whatever you've done Sunnyday :D:D

Edited by Rea
  • Like 1

me too.. wondered what Rea was talking about.. it all seemed a bit odd, until I realised the box was missing...

(no freezer defrosting for me .. invested in frost free ones last time we replaced them.. )

and while not sunny.. well did see it for a few minutes.. it is warmer now, so also been out , weeding again/still..

I planted some pots of daffodils, primulas, bellis and violas yesterday - they look so pretty from my kitchen window - it feels sunshiney even when it isn't! Today I'm working on a patchwork quilt I bought the fabric for about 8 years ago! I'm not sure I like it that much any more but I'm determined to finish it!

Can someone please let me know when it reaches 18 degrees? :blink: That's what the weatherman forecast for my area today.......currently it is - blowing a gale (slight exaggeration there - it is windy) it's cold and it keeps spitting with rain :(

I've been out then in then out then in - you get the picture.......

Where oh where is spring?????

We had temperatures of 18 today here in Lewes, but not on the coast, although hubby did catch the sun on his forehead ! I just want to paint my toe nails and get teh sandals on. And what is one supposed to wear?????

• 2 weeks later...

Fab day 22 degrees - children enjoying play indoors and outdoors (sorry that should read children running amok with no structure, showing no manners in a chaotic manner - if I'm being politically correct xDxD ).

No staff unhappy at being outside in the sunshine - no Ofsted visit (with pencils sharpened to report on qualifications xD )

Bumped into an ex-customer who tells me her 15 year old still misses us and pre-school so we must have had a positive impact somewhere along the line :1b

Own washing on line blowing in the warm breeze - LONG MAY IT CONTINUE

• Like 2