Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Easter!

sunnyday

And Happy Easter to all from me. I'm hoping to take a leaf out of Sunnyday's book and avoid all things preschool as far as possible. Not even done a 'to do" list!

I have made a 'to do' list - I just can't help myself :blink: but with the intention of not even looking at it until 8th April - thereby giving myself 10 days to forget all things Early years! :1b

Happy Easter all, after the morning I had today I was we'll and truly on my knees. Does the menopause make someone previously very organised and together forget the most essential things? Think I'd better think about giving it all up

• Like 3

My nephew (5 today) face timed me straight after school to say thank you for his birthday present and tell me about his special day. He told me he had 16 days holiday and I said I'm on holiday too now - I have 17 days. He giggled and said "1 more than me". How sad of me is it that I thought 'hey he knows 1 more than...' must note that down!!! :blink: :ph34r: I haven't got a to do list yet but will have soon. It starts with 'rediscover the dining room' then I'll have some sense of what I need to do. Plenty of time with my lovely boy though - he's coming up next week for a sleepover at Granny and Grandpa's and in a couple of weeks I'm taking him to see James and the Giant Peach as his birthday present from me. Have a wonderful break every one and as my little bunnies said today "HAPPY EASTER!"

• Like 1

I officially started my school holidays today, however I was off sick yesterday due to a silly Basilar (drop) migraine attack. Which I haven't seen since 2004 do i wasn't a happy bunny. Off on a 5 day holiday to Scotland next week, then a week to recover before its back to work.

First day off and there's actual sunshine in the sky (whispering that in case I jinx it!). I'm going to start the day with doing the dishes then making leek and potato soup and a loaf of bread (a la Paul Hollywood) for lunch and feeling all domestic goddess like. I'm hoping the feeling will last into the rest of the day and motivate me to tackle the mess that is my house!

First day off and there's actual sunshine in the sky (whispering that in case I jinx it!). I'm going to start the day with doing the dishes then making leek and potato soup and a loaf of bread (a la Paul Hollywood) for lunch and feeling all domestic goddess like. I'm hoping the feeling will last into the rest of the day and motivate me to tackle the mess that is my house!

Well, just remember if you dont tackle it today it will still be there tomorrow so you neednt worry!

Well, just remember if you dont tackle it today it will still be there tomorrow so you neednt worry!

It's been there for a while... now at the point where it's making me irritable. Besides I want to have some friends round and at the moment I'm not sure I'd let them through the front door (if I could open it as it sticks with all the damp!)

well i don't know what it is about this term but i am SO tired and really looking forward to a break. My two house guests (daughter and boyfriend) are supposed to move out over easter but the people they are bying the house from vendors ,have gone to New Zealand and no one knows when they are back! I was hoping i might get my house back from under their pile of STUFF! (though i will miss them :rolleyes: ) I have to get the sef finished over the holidays and have a look at my risk assessments...but other than that not too much to do apart from sort out my house and recharge before the beginning of next terms LONG one.

Anyway Happy Easter to all...don't eat all your chocolate at once :wub:

Happy Easter to you all from me. So ready for this break, things getting a little uncomfortable at work with our relationship with the school due to a forced move that we do not want to make. (see another post for all the gory details) So quite glad for the respite!! Got some planning tweaks to make(as always) and need to go in and tidy and sort some store cupboards as one of my members of staff seems unable to put things away correctly and it is driving me INSANE :blink: But the rest of the time will be spent with my boys.

• Like 2

So............wondered how everyone is getting on?

For my part I metaphorically 'stepped off the planet' over the Easter weekend :1b I didn't answer the 'phone and I didn't use the PC - the only people I saw were those of my own choosing - family and just one friend.......ooooh it was luvverly!!! :1b

I'm back in the real world now.......hiding from the cold (bleep weather :( ) and catching up with some paperwork :1b

• Like 1

Well, I have seen bits of my dining room that I'd forgotten existed. Have taken a car load of stuff back in to school today (which partly explains why the dining room was in the state it was!). I've made and eaten bread and soup and some mince pie cakes. I've read loads (curled up in front of the fire) and while in school this morning sorted, tidied and made labels for my entire construction area! My nephew was at granny and grandpa's Monday and Tuesday and on Monday I went over - he loves acting out stories he knows and this time it was '3 bears' I had to be Goldilocks - and I was so badly behaved I had to go on the naughty step twice! :o These were the top two steps of mum and dad's stairs and he told me that there were "billions" of naughty steps and if I got to the bottom I'd be doomed. He also told me that if I kept being naughty I'd have to go and see the headteacher! Just going to do the washing up then do a bit of planning.

Edited by HelenD26
  • Like 3

OK, I've finished all my planning, done loads of other school sorting, the only bit of schoolwork I haven't tackled yet is updating my learning journeys which I'll work on tomorrow and only tomorrow. So, after that I have a whole week in which to play and... I can't decide what to do! I'm so used to squeezing fun stuff in at the last minute or around other things that I don't know where to start with a whole week of freedom. Any ideas?!

• Like 1