Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Blinkin Weather

hali

Can someone tell me what the weather is like around the Gatwick area?? My son is travelling from Cornwall to Gatwick through the night tonight ready to fly to Italy on his school trip tomorrow!! As mentioned before, we are not used to snow way down here in the sticks.

This weather had better be gone by next week and the sun to shine up in Scotland for a week.

We have snowdrifts in the front and back gardens. Our roads is snowed on, but the next road is now gritted up to the main road, and main roads are gritted. So I may have to walk to work on Monday as my work never shuts for even the worst of the snow and icy conditions.

Really cold, lots of ice and still a fair bit of snow although it's turning to slush. We have our annual egg rolling planned for Thursday afternoon and are trying to decide what to do - the snow isn't a problem as the playground will be clear by then but the temperature doesn't lend itself to classes sitting still outside watching eggs roll for an hour!

Oh what a shame Helen :(

We have our Easter egg Hunt on Thursday - although I imagine it will still be very cold there shouldn't be any snow on the ground - fingers crossed! :1b

Think Mr S and I will soon have to stop thinking about plans for gardening.......hmmmmm.........paint colour charts maybe?! :D

• Like 2

Oh what a shame Helen :(

We have our Easter egg Hunt on Thursday - although I imagine it will still be very cold there shouldn't be any snow on the ground - fingers crossed! :1b

Think Mr S and I will soon have to stop thinking about plans for gardening.......hmmmmm.........paint colour charts maybe?! :D

Well hopefully it will still happen in some form or other! My brother, sister and I have just had an e-mail from mum. As the weather is 'ungardenable' she's decided that she and Dad are going to clear out the loft - she's sent us a list of things that she wants us to make decisions about! Maybe that's an option for you?!

Well hopefully it will still happen in some form or other! My brother, sister and I have just had an e-mail from mum. As the weather is 'ungardenable' she's decided that she and Dad are going to clear out the loft - she's sent us a list of things that she wants us to make decisions about! Maybe that's an option for you?!

Now there's an idea! xD

Think I may have spoken too soon re snow and our Easter Egg Hunt - just seen a forecast that said we could have snow on Wednesday and Thursday :blink: NOOOOOO!

Edited by sunnyday

Same here, there was a slight thaw earlier and the sun was a lovely change but its freezing.

My daughter-in-law is en route to Birmingham as we speak.........she is a trainer for those working with adults with learning disabilities (hmmm hope that's the current pc description)........she has to go all that way to access some safeguarding training - amazing :o

Even more amazing its in Birmingham. I went on a safeguarding day a couple of weeks ago and it wasnt! It was mainly about forms and who to contact nothing to do with signs to look for, although I'm sure most of us know what to look for, not everyone will.

Funnily, the last training day I did was about funding, that was all about how to fill in the forms to make it easier on the EY office staff!

Still snow up by me, saying that I am highish up the pennine hills. We have managed to get out to work by car (dads) as my head never well rarely closed the school. I have also ended up with a lovely annoying cold, which will be fun tomorrow with a playground duty again.

There were/are still huge snowdrifts in the playgrounds. Yes believe or not we are outside playing in said playground but only children with wellies can play in the snowdrifts. That reminds me must take a spare pair of trousers (if I can find any) for playground duty, in case I have to rescue a child or two stuck in a snowdrift. Good news is that its our last day of term yipeeeee.

All I need now is that this pesky snow and cold goes away and the warmer spring weather finally arrives. Going up to Scotland soon hope we dont get stuck in any snowdrifts trying to get to Straithpeffer near Inverness.