Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Colouring books

Rea

I take it all back.

My 22 year old son is poorly, he told me to get him a present when I went to the shops, so I bought him a colouring book. He's sitting on the floor in the living room colouring really, really carefully xD

• Like 7

hehehe bless him...what's his colouring book of choice? (and hope he's not using those dreadful 'free' thin wax crayons I remember having taped to the front of some books!)

Hope he soon feels better

Edited by gingerbreadman

Colouring book is the usual animals and stuff very expensive pens though that we bought him when he was doing a design production course at Uni

Dont worry about him though, its man flu, he's fine really! :D

I was just saying the other day how I used to love colouring those Altair pattern books. I'm jealous - could do with a colouring book today! Am tempted to go and make myself some play dough in a moment.

Making play dough is a Sunday morning job for me........if my 11 year old granddaughter visits on a Sunday she always says "have you made play dough today nana, can I look at it"? For 'look at it' read play with it!!!

Could you download yourself a nice colouring page? xD

Could you download yourself a nice colouring page? xD

What a fab idea!! Should we all complete a colouring page and upload?

...my fave used to be those pattern books...didn't know they were called Altair though!

Must be nice to have a playdough quality controller - does she have a preference?

I had an airfix kit to make a robin - loved it! Also had all those rubber moulds to make plaster models. I'd get really frustrated though because I could never paint them as well as I wanted to and my mum could make them look beautiful.

Back in the dim and distant before I was teaching I did a pottery course on a Tuesday evening for a couple of years - was so much fun. What was even better was that the tutor understood those times when you'd had a rough day and would quite happily let me just squish for a couple of hours instead of getting cross that I wasn't being more productive!

• Like 1

Wait a minute - a robin or Robin :P

:o Half the forum will have no idea what that post means! :blink: xD :rolleyes:

Suspect it might be a little more than half! It was a robin. Do you know, I asked my children the other day what they knew about Robin (thinking it might tie in nicely with my 'long long ago' theme they all think he's a fox!

I think of 3 :D

I'm confused (wouldn't take much today) - 3 what?

Now these were my favourites

http://www.amazon.co...&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

Never seen those before Catma - would have suited me down to the ground. I often used to have an urge to 'invent something' and would raid our stock of boxes and cardboard tubes but never actually knew what to make!

Now these were my favourites

http://www.amazon.co...&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

I never saw those before until the whole 'colouring book debate' came up! I like them now though!

I wouldn't have been able to cope with that in my childhood - zero imagination, needed something like this (and even better if they had sums in them!) and then eventually moved on to Altair type ones! (but nothing as near to desirable as some of the images on google!)

Edited by gingerbreadman

I'm puzzled by Robin...Batman? (but guessing not!)

Reliant Robin??

closer? isn't he disguised as the prime minister/chancellor nowadays but now targets the 'just managing'

Edited by gingerbreadman

Suspect it might be a little more than half! It was a robin. Do you know, I asked my children the other day what they knew about Robin (thinking it might tie in nicely with my 'long long ago' theme they all think he's a fox!

WHAT :o I am shocked and horrified given their location!!! :blink: xD

I'm puzzled by Robin...Batman? (but guessing not!)

Reliant Robin??

closer? isn't he disguised as the prime minister/chancellor nowadays but now targets the 'just managing'

Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glen

Robin Hood, robin Hood with his band of men

Feared by the bad, loved by the good

Robin Hood, robin Hood, Robin hood!!!!!!!!!!!

Now look what you have started will be singing that all evening now! xD :lol: xD

WHAT :o I am shocked and horrified given their location!!! :blink: xD

I know - I was gobsmacked! Was one of those moments when I was seriously tempted to ignore all 'children's interests' and just go with mine - they are somethings children just need to know! xD;)

Gingerbreadman - my airfix kit was of the bird robin variety! Don't think I'd have been as keen on a Robin Hood one at the time although I did love the stories!

I'm now thinking I might need to make some fudge as my therapy of choice for tonight.