Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Truss meets Mumsnet and gets a grilling?

Good to hear we are not alone and that parents aren't only thinking about having cheaper childcare

Link taken from Nursery World

Edit...would have been interesting to know if her heart rate increased under the pressure of the questions!

Edited by gingerbreadman

I REALLY like this parent:

"Fortunately, my children are out of pre-school now and won't be affected by this, but I would be extremely unhappy for my children to be sitting learning to read and write at the age of 3 or 4, when they should be climbing trees and making a mess with paint."

:D:D

Edited by gingerbreadman

One person makes an interesting point. Will the 15 hours funding rate drop to take into account the change in ratios? Clearly if we can have more children per adult they can argue that they need to pay less per child.

:( Well I fear that would signal the end for many........

• Like 1

It's all geared towards getting us to take more of the newly funded 2 - 3 years old, and all that are to come as it becomes "universal", by changing that ratio to 1:6.

Allowing schools to take 2 years olds will be a money maker for them, compared to PVI's, as they will get a higher hourly rate for having a QTS - thats if they are brave enough to tackle nappies. xD

• Like 1

I read the whole mumsnet thread yesterday, and was really interested to see how opposed the vast, vast majority of posters were to the proposed reforms, and was staggered by just how vigorously Ms Truss defended her position. I really hope that she does a Gove style u turn on all this.

Edited by eyfs1966
  • Like 1

"One person makes an interesting point. Will the 15 hours funding rate drop to take into account the change in ratios? Clearly if we can have more children per adult they can argue that they need to pay less per child. "

That's a good point Upsy Daisy :(

Fimbo will all your 2 year olds be entitled to funding from April ? I believe ours is extending to families claiming certain benefits rather than the child also having a need but don't think we've been told yet when.

Edited by mouse63

Surely that ridiculous!!

Yes! Most of it was about grants for buildings! I printed the pages I needed to sign and emailed them back with a message about lack of ink at home. Then they sent me the whole 64 pages to file, what a waste!

Yes! Most of it was about grants for buildings! I printed the pages I needed to sign and emailed them back with a message about lack of ink at home. Then they sent me the whole 64 pages to file, what a waste!

Wouldn't ya just love to reorganise and take charge of departments and budgets and do it the 'private sector' (cost effective/common sense!!) way - how much money would be freed up for the right use!!

Oh dont!! I have dreams about being ale to go in and make them recycle, reuse and think! Especially after I'd worked in their nurseries.The waste was unbelievable and the long term staff sickness was astonishing. 6 months off was counted as one sickness.

And Birmingham council wonder where they can make multi million pound savings!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)