Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What would you put in room 101?

zigzag

None taken finleysmaid, didn't think anything of it anyway....there's all this talk of higher qualifications yet I,m convinced schools still push the less academic pupils down the childcare route as they see it as an easy option for them......and i wonder if these mums are going to be working as volunteers or are we supposed to pay them instead of all the level 3,s we've just made redundant (who are now at home claiming benefits) in order to lower our staff ratios too cut costs :/

• Like 1

I thought the 'unmarried' bit was unnecessary...maybe he's aiming to increase marriage ratios! That's been brought up before!

People who park in disabled/parent child places who don't have the right to..

I haven't got a blue badge but occasionally the arthritis in my knees is so bad I don't want to walk further than I have to. In those cases I park in the parent and child bays, I've never known what their purpose is anyway!

• Like 1

I haven't got a blue badge but occasionally the arthritis in my knees is so bad I don't want to walk further than I have to. In those cases I park in the parent and child bays, I've never known what their purpose is anyway!

They are wider so that you can open the door wide for getting your child in and out of their car seats easily, or to remove a car seat if it's a baby. Also so that you can put up a buggy/pram next to your car for putting your child straight in and without having to have it on the road which is dangerous.

• Like 1

People who park in disabled/parent child places who don't have the right to..

Oh and blue badge holders who take advantage........my dear old mum will often say, as I'm driving round a car park looking for a space "just park in the disabled bit love, I've got my badge"

Hmmm........."no mum because you are not getting out of the car"! :oxD

Mind - I'm not putting my mum in Room 101 :blink: xD :lol: xD

• Like 2

Sons who only give you the letter from school about the need to dress up as a book character for the opening of the new school library 2 days before the event!!! (not great for the unispired people like me) thought this would have finished now they are not at primary school!!!!

"We have a partial solution. We have a small army of unmarried mothers at home and living on benefits. There is no reason as to why these women could not with some training be working in Day Nurseries . The nursery could care for their children. This would cost little to implement."

:o

Can I put in the phrase 'there is no I in team'? after the day I have had. Sorry but last time I looked there was 3 staff team members in the room not just me!!!. And I feel that is me doing all the 'paperwork/setting up' during my extremely busy mornings. :ph34r:

Then can I be greedy and stick migraines in room 101 too? Sick to death of having them, no surprising when running around like a mad batty woman trying to get jobs done. xD

• Like 1

Please may I THROW in parents who 'wind their poor children up about starting big school' :(

I can't believe how early parents start to talk to their children about this - it is FEBRUARY - September is such a long, long way off for these children....

I have had two tell me already that their children are and I quote "So worried about big school" - yes, well they will be because YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT IT :o

Oh and why do they have to call it 'big school' - why on earth can't they say 'Primary school'....... :blink:

That drives me nuts too Sunnyday. Its the only age group we tend to do t too.

Could we use room 101 as a short break for people, I dont want to get rid of him forever, but if I could pack hubby off for a couple of days so I can finish his accounts without interruption, that'd be great! :rolleyes:

oooh Yes Sunnyday agreed!!

Can we throw in the 'proper nursery' phrase too! (I've perfected the art of smiling through gritted teeth! We need an emoticon for this!)

Love the idea of room 101 for short breaks Rea - maybe a Room 101A?

Yay...like a 'Premier Inn break' - chuck hubby in for the 'proper job' phrase then haul him back out when I need a few things fixing at nursery hehehe

I would like to nominate the company who made/packaged my new vacuum to go into room 101, for not including the screws that are needed to secure the handle in place!!!

Its just been delievered, I shouldnt be excited but I am, the carpets havent been touched since last Thursday and with 3 cats, 3 ferrets and two men in the house, its not a good look and now I cant bl***y use it!!! :angry: :angry:

I'm really cross :angry:

Edited by Rea

I'm 'throwing' in cold weather, hearing aids, useless hats and ear infections. Grrrr yet another cold/mild/cold snap as set off an external ear infection in that dodgy right ear of mine.

Off work poorly hope to be back for Friday. Can't believe it's happened again! However it's the fastest earliest time to get antibiotics.