Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Day from the bowels of the earth

Rea

I have flannels in a basket in the bathroom. When a child washes their hands they dry them on a flannel and put it into the 'dirty' basket. Therefore they only get used once each so preventing cross contamination, but arent wasteful like paper towels.

Sounds like you had a horrid day.

just caught up with this - what a horrid time for you and your staff Rea - so glad we don't have to go through that for our RAG - i always thought it stood for red, amber , green but in your area sounds like it stands for Rude, Arrogant Groaners !!!

enjoy your weekend and beware of the puddles !!! :D x

• Like 2

Well!!! After all that I've just read the report and there are no actions overall!

That's exactly what happened to us. Despite all their complaining and rudeness and questioning they never did come up with much to action. Hey at least you got your report promptly - I had to complain to the head of service before ours came along!

That's exactly what happened to us. Despite all their complaining and rudeness and questioning they never did come up with much to action. Hey at least you got your report promptly - I had to complain to the head of service before ours came along!

That's all quite bizarre........or is it just me? :blink:

• Like 1

Guest sn0wdr0p

Well we got Bear Grylls in to show us how to sterilise water in the wild. We now have a giant tarpaulin that we put over our 25mx15m playground, attached to the top of the 6 foot fence, then run the water through a hole, cut with sterilised scissors of course, then it all runs through charcoal to sterilise it. We can frolick in the puddles all day.

We have also shown the children how to sterilise their own urine should they dehydrate on a hot summers day when playing outside and we have forgotten to put the jugs of water out.

If it is really cold in the winter they can also make a snow cave in which to keep warm :P:(xD:).

Edited by sn0wdr0p

That's all quite bizarre........or is it just me? :blink:

Its very bizzare! Her attitude suggested we'd done something really horrificf but the report only mentions to paper towels and updating the safeguarding policy, something they were planning on anyway. She also wants an 'E Safety' policy done! Contrary woman!

Words fail me Rea - what an horrendous ordeal - honestly these jobsworths are just unbelievable - maybe just maybe they should consider spending this sort of time and in-depth investigative procedure putting their own house in order - they have after all been somewhat slated.

I suspect that you are probably right in your suspicions though - you have been rocking their boat and not in a nice way.

I complained about my Ofsted inspectors' conduct one time and on the next visit one of the inspectors I complained about came with her manager - a coincidence I don't think - I usually get them in pairs now - they seek protection in numbers as I shouted at the last ones.

As for the milton'd puddles has someone had a word with the weather man - I no longer wish to be rained on, sunshined on, windied about, snowed on, sleeted on or wrapped in fog unless it is clean, sterile and hygienic - from henceforth all children and parents must come to my setting wearing portable isolation tents and I am now off to invest in some of those v. big gloves - the sort that you use in a perspex box when handling toxic or nuclear substances or when dealing in a germ warfare environment.

SUS - Save us from Stupidity

• Like 5

Hi,

Just how many gallons of Milton will I need before we take the children to the local park for forest school experience?. I must add this to the risk assessment.

Why has another layer of "expertise" been added toalready rigorous inspections.

I did find it all quite odd. They kept telling me that their role had changed from "advise and challenge" to "challenge and advise" so basically they had interpreted that as upset us first and then tell us we were doing quite well really! Previously it had been more of a "you are doing this well, how else could you improve".