Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I resign

HappyMaz

I just opened an email from a work colleague offering some ICT advice about the submission of students' assignments. After all the technical stuff, he said he'd attached his submission as if it was a real assignment. Here's what he sent! :D

I am tendering my resignation as an adult.

I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8-year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a crossing with rocks.

I want to think Smarties are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were colours, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computers, paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So, here's my cheque-book, my car keys, my credit card bills and my tax returns.

Therefore I am officially resigning from adulthood.

• Like 14

Ah, but as an eight year old we wouldn't be able to take care of the wonderful young children we currently do. And unfortunately Ribena doesn't have quite the effect of vino for me :D

I'm going to make myself a mug of hot blackcurrant in honour of this thread (and to put off the schoolwork for another 5 minutes!) ;)

Funny you should say that - just back from Waitrose.........I bought some Ribena (amongst other things obviously)........wonder what made me think of that! :1b

took me back all this hot ribena

walks in the forest with dad, me and sis.. with hot ribena from a van in the layby before walking back to the car through the forest ... many a weekend spent playing in the forest with a ribena at some point while there... lovely this time of year with all the deep leaves... back to being 8 again...

need to edit to say there was no McDonalds here when I was 8 so strike that one out...

and I was very aware that there was little money and worries about the next meal!

Edited by Inge
  • Like 1