Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

FSF facebook page

I was a bit anxious about the playgroup page, but its very secure and people can only join by request. I figured it would be a better way of reaching people than a newsletter, although we'll still do that too. If I can cut down on ink and paper in any way that would be fab.

I'm not even sure i'll have the capabilities to work it out looking at my post and all the typos! Stupid tablet!

That's really reassuring that it can be done that way, thanks Rea - my wish would be that I have to accept people in and only them can see (like the idea that they are defriended on leaving!)...not 'friends of friends' seeing things and comments would either be none existent or have to be 'accepted' before they become visible (in order to train people to write positively like it's done on here...love this site!) and then i can post things like notices, updates, activities etc

Can they still send a message if it's so tightly secured (to avoid having comments)

Edited by gingerbreadman

People can reply to a comment but not start one if thats what you want. I'm going to be sending out a policy for parents and staff to agree to before i accept them,, at the moment there's me and 2 staff on ours until I've worded it and passed it by the rest of the committee. And I can pull the plug on people anytime I want if I need to!

is there any way to stop replies to posts you make? and if they can't be quality controlled before being posted can they be removed by the person who set the page/group up - I don't envisage any issues when I think more about it but i like to be prepared for the worst!

I'm off to google to see if i can find out more about it - think parents would benefit after hearing how many of ours are on f/b...may dip the toe then take the plunge!

I like the idea of an agreement...and pulling the plug appeals even more lol

I think it would be really helpful if the links that are being put up on the facebook page are also put up here in the resources/links section* - otherwise people who don't have or want to use facebook can't benefit from the wonderful stuff you're sharing.

*I can't actually remember what this part of the Forum is called, but I know there'll be a central repository that can be used somewhere! :1b

the word you are looking for is resources.. and the bit labelled useful links does not get me anywhere..

Sorry, we couldn't find that! is what I get.

maybe it could be sorted so we could add the links there.. but I cannot find anywhere suitable to put them as they are all different subjects and matters..and from different people ....

I looked earlier on Inge, maybe we need to ask Steve for a links section and for the links to be how they used to be? I dont about everyone else but I think the links have changed, you cant type 'here' or a break down the link anymore, it just comes up as the www address.

• Like 1

is there any way to stop replies to posts you make? and if they can't be quality controlled before being posted can they be removed by the person who set the page/group up - I don't envisage any issues when I think more about it but i like to be prepared for the worst!

I'm off to google to see if i can find out more about it - think parents would benefit after hearing how many of ours are on f/b...may dip the toe then take the plunge!

I like the idea of an agreement...and pulling the plug appeals even more lol

I dont think you can stop the posts, I thought you could but my friend posted! But you can remove them. You can set it so that only people invited to the group can see the posts. If you've got someone with you who has a FB account ask them to look for the FSF addicts page, you'll be able to see then what non-members can see.

I looked earlier on Inge, maybe we need to ask Steve for a links section

I think you just did! I'm not sure whether the old method of doing links is available with the new version of the Forum software - but I'm sure Steve will be able to advise on that, too. He is our Key Dude, after all. :D

Thanks for jogging my memory chaps. The links page broke way back in February with the last big upgrade, and it had completely slipped my mind. I've now put a new system in and it seems to be functioning pretty well, but let me know if you notice any obvious glitches! You can find it by clicking 'resources' and then 'useful links' on the main navigation menu.

Previously I didn't set it to allow members to add a link - instead you needed to PM Louise and she would add it. This was because almost immediately I'd set it up people started joining the FSF simply to post links to their own businesses, which obviously doesn't give much confidence in the quality of the links. However, I've now added a new category so people can do this - but it's stated pretty clearly that this area is for that purpose. Let's see how we get on with that - you lot are pretty good at drawing my attention to that kind of skullduggery if I miss it!

So the effect of that is that you can now add your own links - and I've just spotted Inge doing exactly that! If you have any suggestions on the headings and categories please let me know. It's remarkably difficult to come up with properly defined areas to post in, and I'm sure I've missed some out. Don't want to have too many though - as that can be as difficult to find your way through. :1b

• Like 1

Have added a few links from the FB page... will add more when I get time...some are still for Fb pages though as that is the only one available

Thanks Inge - as a non FB person I was worrying about what I might be 'missing' - so much appreciated! :1b

• Like 2

I tried earlier but couldnt do it, I got a message saying I hadnt put something somewhere, I forget!

There really is some good stuff though isnt there? Inspiring and thought provoking :D

oh just spent a happy half hour reading the articles that inge has posted (there seems to be a problem with the penultimate one??) Lovely selection Inge thank you. If i wanted to post one how would i do it??

what is the title .. put some more in before noticing this .. maybe able to sort it.. or repeat it.. was doing a few so could have got muddled.

I tried earlier but couldnt do it, I got a message saying I hadnt put something somewhere, I forget!

There really is some good stuff though isnt there? Inspiring and thought provoking :D

Rea you need to add something in the big box describing what it is or it will not post.. have not posted any of yours yet...we seem to be busy bees there.... :D

Edited by Inge

adding links is same as posting really, click add a link and make sure you describe it in the box at the bottom.. look forward to more adding, but still have a lot on the fb page to add.. in time..

some are fb pages only so that may be the problem for seeing them if you are not on there..

recipe for an outdoor writing toolkit

(my computers gone wierd now and when i hit view new content its coming up with a load of gobbledeygoop)

(my computers gone wierd now and when i hit view new content its coming up with a load of gobbledeygoop)

yes facebook only.. sorry only place she puts them.. a good one too..I will say FB only on those that are not available anywhere else.. many use fb only ..

Edited by Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)