Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

FSF facebook page

Just in case you've forgotten or if you dont know about it, the FSF have a facebook page. Its been rather dormant over the last year but Inge has revived it and is putting on some links to some wonderful sites.

Pop along and have a look, its at https://www.facebook.com/groups/46864964370/ You'll need to wait to be accepted, but I dont think it'll take too long.

There really are some inspirational ideas on there, I'm pinching most of them for our playgroup page (!) :D

Now I know why I have had so many requests for people to join this morning...it is set so anyone can approve members.. so no need to wait for me to let you in.. and please add your own childcare related links... the more the merrier..

• Like 1

oooooh - now I feel that I'm missing out - I don't 'do' Faceache/Facebook :(

Don't worry you're not alone - I've had an account for about 5 years and have only got 3 friends xD I keep rejecting people- then my daughter has to contact them and tell them it's nothing personal!!

Don't worry you're not alone - I've had an account for about 5 years and have only got 3 friends xD I keep rejecting people- then my daughter has to contact them and tell them it's nothing personal!!

I had to send an apologetic email to loads of people on my list when I decided to have a clear out. I was so worried about being rude! I think most people on FB dont really worry about being ignored or de-friended though, its just the way of it.

I had to send an apologetic email to loads of people on my list when I decided to have a clear out. I was so worried about being rude! I think most people on FB dont really worry about being ignored or de-friended though, its just the way of it.

Very true - only most of mine were family................ and for some reason they do seem to take offence xD :lol: xD :lol: xD !

• Like 1

Not really sure what I'm 'afraid' of - but I feel this deep 'distrust' - I expect it's because I don't truly understand how it all works......

I do know that after a recent family wedding (my sons) I got really, really hacked off with people who live in my village but are not friends of mine or any of my family passing remarks about the dress that I had worn - they were all really positive and kind remarks - but I just didn't 'like' that these people were viewing photos of me and mine on FB - have to say my sons, daughters-in-law, nieces and nephews think that I am completely barking!!! xD

• Like 2

My settings say if someone wants to 'tag' me in a photo. I get to see the photo first and can approve it or not for publication. You're probably safer from prying eyes when you are a member because then you can have a say over things like that.

You can also make it so only yourself, or friends, or friends of friends or everyone (and I think that means the world!) can see each post you make.

I must say though, I was very much of the same thought as you are when I first joined but now it's fine. The fear of the unknown :ph34r:

I'm sure you're right Rea - perhaps it's because I'm 103 xD well not quite! :1b

One person in particular really 'bugged' me when she commented about my dress - I rub along quite well with almost anyone - but I can't stand her and nor can any of my immediate family members so I couldn't begin to work out how she had seen the photos - then i 'fell in' - well I think I did :blink: she has mutual friends with one of my nieces - so I think that must be the link.......

A whole load of us stayed at the hotel overnight after the wedding - at breakfast the next morning - the photos were already on FB - that 'blew my mind' :(

Anyway - sorry - this is not meant to be a thread about my 'insecurities'........

Anyway - sorry - this is not meant to be a thread about my 'insecurities'........

Sunnyday - I have much the same feelings about facebook as you but am beginning to find that for many many things being 'on facebook' is necessary to access many things that will be really useful - e.g. music my choir sings!

• Like 1

xD :lol: xD :lol: xD I don't think so.........

You don't have to sunnyday....technology is there for us to use as and when we want it and it suits us and if FB is not for you then don't do it. I feel just the same about washing machines which is why I let darling hubby do all the laundry xD:DxD Mind you he won't touch the cooker so fair division of labour I reckon :P

You stay here where you're comfy....shall I pass your slippers?

• Like 1

What did we all do before the internet???

I know!! How did we survive and what did we do exactly. We don't take technology on holiday with us and are completely lost without it...so have to talk to each other!

I'm with sunny day but have to admit I've been thinking of having a 'something' for our setting on FB (have no idea what it's called in Fzb terms) in order to reach our parents a bit more, but don't want it turning into a moany minnie/judgy pant place.

This forum is second to none for being a positive place to be...if FB was like this then I wouldn't hesitate!

I know!! How did we survive and what did we do exactly. We don't take technology on holiday with us and are completely lost without it...so have to talk to each other!

I'm with sunny day but have to admit I've been thinking of having a 'something' for our setting on FB (have no idea what it's called in Fzb terms) in order to reach our parents a bit more, but don't want it turning into a moany minnie/judgy pant place.

This forum is second to none for being a positive place to be...if FB was like this then I wouldn't hesitate!

I was a bit anxious about the playgroup page, but its very secure and people can only join by request. I figured it would be a better way of reaching people than a newsletter, although we'll still do that too. If I can cut down on ink and paper in any way that would be fab.

and in a way doing a group on there for FSF addicts is showing how a group page can be done, so people can have a look and see if it would work for them and their setting... bonus is a link depository where they are all together and not lost in the middle of posts.. but Fb is not for all..( only reason I joined was to keep tabs on my son , an easy way to keep in touch without being a pestering mum! Note- Oz is no quick call or visit away)

and in a way doing a group on there for FSF addicts is showing how a group page can be done, so people can have a look and see if it would work for them and their setting... bonus is a link depository where they are all together and not lost in the middle of posts.. but Fb is not for all..( only reason I joined was to keep tabs on my son , an easy way to keep in touch without being a pestering mum! Note- Oz is no quick call or visit away)

I joined for the same reason, when my eldest went to Uni, as soon as he came home, he de-friended me! The youngest wont accept me at all!

• Like 1

bonus is a link depository where they are all together and not lost in the middle of posts..

I think it would be really helpful if the links that are being put up on the facebook page are also put up here in the resources/links section* - otherwise people who don't have or want to use facebook can't benefit from the wonderful stuff you're sharing.

*I can't actually remember what this part of the Forum is called, but I know there'll be a central repository that can be used somewhere! :1b

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)