Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New SEF

Be ok if the blooming site would work properly and stop crashing!!

Zigzag, if you are having problems with the site just try opening another broswer ie Firefox or Chrome and then try again. Sometimes the issue is browser related and not to do with the tactful website. We sometimes have users with access issues relating to the forum and we know it isn't our end because we are practically perfect in every way xD:P:ph34r:

Quite right, I was not the named person when I last tried to get it online and it was a nightmare so gave up and did it all on paper. Now having to start from scratch again. Have just submitted it :D ::1a and tried to print it and it is just coming out with a load of gobbledegook :blink: :blink: so now have not got a printed copy :angry: :angry: Have actually got to the point where I am thinking *** it, they can come and make there own judgement on what they see on the day. I am sure I still need to add loads more of my exsisting SEF into it but am losing the plot and the will to live :o :o Sorry if I am not making any sense but have just spent most of my weekend and this afternoon on it. Will stop moaning now and find the wine!!!

Quite right, I was not the named person when I last tried to get it online and it was a nightmare so gave up and did it all on paper. Now having to start from scratch again. Have just submitted it :D ::1a and tried to print it and it is just coming out with a load of gobbledegook :blink: :blink: so now have not got a printed copy :angry: :angry: Have actually got to the point where I am thinking *** it, they can come and make there own judgement on what they see on the day. I am sure I still need to add loads more of my exsisting SEF into it but am losing the plot and the will to live :o :o Sorry if I am not making any sense but have just spent most of my weekend and this afternoon on it. Will stop moaning now and find the wine!!!

Oh no :( what an absolute pain - I would definitely want a printed copy.........

• Like 1

Guest youngrisers

downloaded the word edition so i can with the rest of the staff team work on ours as after our twilight training on SEf am worried that we may be putting too much info or not enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else printed it and sent it snail mail?? Highly tempted to do this as not named person and can only imagine the hassle to change this..

And is it acceptable to handwrite in it if I print the form? I can't seem to type in the boxes without everything being underlined and blue!! We have enough to be doing in our free time for Pre-School without these technical obstacles!

It does give you the option to print and the address to post it, I couldn't find a way to do anything to font or underline, but Maybe there is as somehow yours has changed.

How does it know whether it's the nominated person or not filling it in ? I was unsure how to refer to what i do myself in it...did you put for example 'I ensure' 'the manager ensures' or 'we ensure' ?

Like this stupid iPad, why would it possibly think I wanted maybe to say Wayne ?????? Is there a way to make it butt out and let me type what I want ?

Edited by mouse63

Has anyone else printed it and sent it snail mail?? Highly tempted to do this as not named person and can only imagine the hassle to change this..

I havent yet as I havent finished typing it up, proof reading and edditing but this is the path I shall be taking as like you I have (and have had for a long while) serious problems accessing the online SEF facilities and I furthermore get no sense out of the helpdesk who seem to classify everything as though it was a state secret!

I hand wrote mine and sent it in a red thing called a post box! So there! :) :) And it's done.. woo hooooooo :) :)

Good for you! :1b

Sooooooo - am I right in thinking Ofsted will now type that up and put it 'online' - or is that it and you don't have an 'online' version?

• Like 1

I tried so many times trying to submit my SEF.

All last weekend I worked on it only to find I couldnt post it onto the website. I phoned Ofsted so many times during the week i lost count.

But the good news is............... I also put it in the little red thing called a post box O how liberating I walked on air all the way home.

Good for you! :1b

Sooooooo - am I right in thinking Ofsted will now type that up and put it 'online' - or is that it and you don't have an 'online' version?

I asked Ofsted this before I sent them mine. They said they would put it online for me :D

Fab! :1b

I typed it in word then invited the lovely spell check to take a peek. I have one copy now with Ofsted, one in a file on my pc, one printed for me. I sent it registered post. Not that im paranoid lol.

I typed it in word then invited the lovely spell check to take a peek. I have one copy now with Ofsted, one in a file on my pc, one printed for me. I sent it registered post. Not that im paranoid lol.

June - I think we might be one and the same person - sounds like just the sort of thing I would do! xD

I am really tempted to go down this route -I find those 'teeny' boxes that they provide just so hard to work in (oh unless they've changed their set up?)

No they haven,t sunnyday....you can only see a couple of lines at a time, have to keep scrolling back to see if you,ve already put something...it is annoying

Ah thanks for that info mouse - yep it is really annoying.......s'pose the other way is to do in Word and then 'cut and paste' - I'm just not the best at that sort of thing :blink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)