Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Olympics!

finleysmaid

i'm SOOO excited ..myself and a friend going to the rowing today

I'll be the one shouting loudly in a green top!!! Don't worry you'll hear me...i've been told my voice carries! :rolleyes:

Anyone else managed to get tickets for anything??

Enjoy! :1b

Some of the 'sunnyday clan' are off to watch football this evening, they will stay over and have tickets for handball tomorrow - have to admit that I didn't know anything about handball watched a little bit yesterday and thought it looked great! :1b

• Like 1

We have a day pass ticket. Not at all interested in sport- but thought it would be nice to 'soak up the atmosphere' :D ::1a

A bit annoying though when you see all the empty seats and loads of people still trying to buy some with no luck :angry: :angry:

• Like 1

My son has tickets to see the football on Wednesday at Cardiff Millenium stadium.

He was however disappointed to find Beckham not playing. As a child he was a big fan of David's and wanted to say he saw him play. He even said he wasnt going to attend when he wasn't in team GB but is going now to be able to say he was part of the Olympics!

Soooooo.........excited 'phone call from my grandson about an hour ago.......

"Put the cycling on nana - we are standing outside Stamford Bridge - you might see us"!!!

TV decided to show an aerial shot at the crucial point :( :blink: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD

Oh and Scarlettangel - my grandaughter was sooooooo fed up when it was announced that Beckham wouldn't be playing :( poor decision if you ask me

My youngest son is also going to the football this evening Sunnyday ! My eldest son is working there as 'waiting/bar' staff in corporate area - he has to ring the bell when Team GB get a medal - sadly I don't think he's going to be rushed off his feet xD;)

My youngest son is also going to the football this evening Sunnyday ! My eldest son is working there as 'waiting/bar' staff in corporate area - he has to ring the bell when Team GB get a medal - sadly I don't think he's going to be rushed off his feet xD;)

Yay! :1b

My son and a friend are at Old Trafford watching Egypy v New Zealand then Brazil v Belarus in the men's football today. He won the tickets in a Samsung promotion when the Torch Relay was near where he works!

Excellent! :1b

I could have two weeks abroad for the price that my family have paid for their 'package'! :blink: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD

had a fantastic morning ...to be honest i'm not a great sports fan either...but this morning was amazing. My seat was directly in front of the finish line...no one in front of me! BRILLIANT! the speed that the boats go is just incredible and the noise sounds like a train, especially the eights. Going to watch the replays tonight and see if i can spot us!

as to the handball my daughters friend was training with the team but then the funding was cut so they took out the less experiences girls and replaced them :( very sad but she has managed to get tickets so she's off to see her friends later this week....could be a bitter sweet experience i feel <_<

i'm rather enjoying watching it all...didn't think i was going to but now feel more part of it :1b

• Like 1

Glad you had a good morning. I'm not a sporty person at all but I do enjoy watching the Olympics - something about about the excitement and tension gets to me too - I just sat clenching my teeth watching David Florence in the canoeing. I tend not to just watch though - I watch and read at the same time!

I don't want to be too pc but I am really chuffed with my daughters watching all these strong successful, not painfully skinny, women. So we can look forward to a summer of role models that we can all feel good about.

• Like 2

so glad you are all enjoying it all... i was getting a bit miffed and irritated by the commentators and unable to find what I wanted until I discovered the BBC/sky coverage .. and as we have skyHD it is even better... all those lovely channels dedicated to the games and all showing a sport without all the silly comments... and cut aways etc..

I have enjoyed the diving , canoe slalom, and lots of others not usually seen on the 'normal' telly.. this is the week I enjoy.. before the track and athletic events take over..then I will be less enthused...

• Like 1

I went to my first ever soccer (football) match on Sunday night and I didn't hate it. Had a good time. Hubby miffed there wasn't anything to eat but that was the only down-side.

I'm enjoying receiving Australian OC Tweets telling me who's doing what, when, and chasing them up on the telly. Loving it.

Honey

I have so enjoyed the coverage of the Olympics this time around and yesterday was such a special day. The sites they have used for all the different sports outside of the stadium have been stunningly photographed by the BBC,London looks fantastic, well done to Lord Coe and his team as well as all our champion sports people

• Like 1

i am enjoying the coverage.. not into tennis at all.. so synchronised swimming for me this afternoon.. and there is more diving this evening too...such a change to be able to choose the sports and not be stuck with what they decide we all want to watch....

hubby is none to pleased though.. he has lost the TV and satellite for the duration..

It has been brilliant. My 4 year old nephew has really got into it and been doing Olympic everything including Olympic bouncing on the trampoline and lots of saying WOW! Every time GB get a medal. He had misheard at first though and his mum decided it was probably best to stop him cheering for 'Team TB'!

• Like 1