Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Reads

sunnyday

So we are drawing near to the end of term :1b (apologies to those of you who don't get a break :( )

My thoughts are turning to long, hot (well I can dream) days sitting in the garden with a good book.......any recommendations?

I can 'get the ball rolling' with

Before I Go to Sleep - S J Watson

and

Me Before You - JoJo Moyles

Thanks for the tips. Summer holidays is the only time I actually read a book for pleasure.many other really good reads anyone? I loved The Island but I expect everyone's already read it. Am a bit behind.

I know what you mean - I've always got a book 'on the go'....but come the summer I like to 'really' read and read and then read a bit more! :D

i try to read most nights in bed, just for some me time, but read so little then forget what i've read next day, so have to go back!! so be nice to read 'properly'. sometimes i can read a book in 2 or 3 days if it's really good. this post is a great idea for our downtime x

Before I Go To Sleep was one I read recently and can highly recommend too. For me, I shall be tackling The Game of Thrones books.

I've just finished reading Mum's the Word by Kate Lawson which is an easy read. I read The Bad Mother's Handbook by her a few years ago and enjoyed it too.

My new choice of reading (which I do on my kindle) is:

Anything that is free!!

Im reading all sorts of random stuff, and really enjoying it, mostly shorter stories that I can read quicker, but anything that just takes my fancy.

My new choice of reading (which I do on my kindle) is:

Anything that is free!!

Im reading all sorts of random stuff, and really enjoying it, mostly shorter stories that I can read quicker, but anything that just takes my fancy.

Me too, it has opened my eyes to a variety of new genres that I might not ordinarily choose such as historical romances or science fiction. i love just picking a title at random and seeing what comes ourt of the virtual page. Just downloaded 45 titles, should keep me going for a while! In between randomness i also download many free classics from project gutenberg and have just finished tale of huckleberry finn which I haven't read since I had too at school and I really enjoyed it, jungle book next

I too am another free kindle book reader.. anything and everything... if its free I will download and read it...

or some of it there have been a few dire ones ....

I have a tendency to head for the kindle forum and look at the what's free today thread... . and see what others have found...

have a few cookbooks, children's books, and all kinds of genre..recently found some E. Nesbit books there, not read those for years..

Hubby had a fit the first time I did it... he was on his tablet and it suddenly went mad with email notifications.. loads of them one after the other.. think that time there were 15 or so.. all from Amazon and all with email notification.. all freebooks.. but he didn't know that at the time.. it was a cry of, 'what you been buying on my account! ' ( we share it, as he has some of the books on his tab too)

Edited by Inge

have a few cookbooks,

I got the stangest cookbook free the other day - if I can find the link I'll post it........... somehow I think it must have been translated (VERY badly) from another language!! :D ::1a :D

xx

Get all mine from a daily free link too,it's certainly widened my reading range. xx

• Like 1

ive got the Greys triology to kep me going ;)

Me too, but have to say I'm finding the writing style intensely annoying, and to be honest, so far, if it wasn't for the fact that I have nothing else i'veb not already read on my kindle, iwouldn't be bothering. I've read a lot of black lace stuff as my sister is a fan of erotic novels and passes them on, and this is just ..... not very good so far!

Me too, but have to say I'm finding the writing style intensely annoying, and to be honest, so far, if it wasn't for the fact that I have nothing else i'veb not already read on my kindle, iwouldn't be bothering. I've read a lot of black lace stuff as my sister is a fan of erotic novels and passes them on, and this is just ..... not very good so far!

Oh thank goodness I though it was only me!

• Like 1

Amazon has a Kindle forum.. has several threads , ideas and links to the latest freebies.. often a thread of the day as they can change daily check before downloading as one day they are free and next can be full price..

as to the current 50 shades...not my thing.. read a bit on a free site I found,, and was not enthralled by the read.. will happily miss the rest of it.. there was some some much better erotica in the freebies if that floats your boat..

• Like 1

I think so... and good marketing... all it took was for some to read it and then comment on the content to encourage others to go see.. and made erotica less of a hidden read...

apparently it started out as 'fan-lit' based on the twilight series [not read/seen any of that stuff though] And was available free via websites over a year ago - then I suppose someone decided with a little bit of extra hype, it would be good money spinner!