Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Development Matters Statements (Slightly Shorter Version)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much! I hope you don't mind, but I have reduced it further for Reception teachers. I've just used the 30-50 month statements onwards and have managed to get one are of learning on a page. Would you mind if I posted this on the reception area of the forum (i will obviously credit you!!)

thank you kirstyC.

have come up with this version, similar to what we use now, evidence can go in boxes, 10 pages if you back to back, but haven't included first 2 age bands.LJ Prime +specific Areas ELGS.doc

but have to say i do like the A3 sheets we've been given that have all areas for one age band on, easy to see how the prime areas link to the specific areas, but hate things on A3 and no one will be able to read on A4 but may put primes on one side and specifics on back.

Edited by mouse63
  • Like 1

Thanks sooo much, this is great. I am going to make new develpment sheets so all the ages are together on 1 or 2 sheets.. like the hertfordshire trackers we managed to use in the past :)

Unless this has already been done maybe?

Thanks once again :D

I have just put these together to link all the age stages into 2 A4 Sheets for less printing and for using in your developement files.. these are better for at a glance highlighting and dating.. sorry the later stages are so cramped.. but these will still be ok... credits to the original creator of these great versions.. earlier in this thread :wub: that made it easy for me to modify :D

Birth-11ALL.docx

8-20mthsALL.docx

16-26mthsALL.docx

22 - 36mthsALL.docx

30 - 50mthsALL.docx

40-60mthsALL.docx

I made these in Word 2010.. and should work fine.. i could convert to whatever??? please let me know :)

Oh yes please.........and to quote Panders - some of us have systems so old that they run on steam! :blink: :D

I made these in Word 2010.. and should work fine.. i could convert to whatever??? please let me know :)

'whatever' sounds great....I have NO idea....so thanks for your efforts, much appreciated :)

I have managed to convert the 1st few to both .doc format for older microsoft word and also Open Office (free program)

Not tested the .doc... but the Open Office will be fine. once i finish them. Hopefully finish them by tomorrow.. sorry for the delay :P

We had out LA briefing on Monday, we were told that we would be expected to track the type of evidence we have collected for the points (similar to APP) so I have thought about adding in an evidence column as well so place and date can be added for the tracking purpose. It is something I thought about previously but never got round to it.

What do people think? Did you get a similar message (btw it was a reception briefing).

x

'whatever' sounds great....I have NO idea....so thanks for your efforts, much appreciated :)

'needingworthchildminder'

very informative and helpful, thank you'

Wow..I have made something similar..but I think I prefer your layout and there may be less pages...as I am trying to reduce the reams of paperwork I am currently witnessing, this is a priority. Thank you very much for sharing them. :1b

not had chance to convert the rest yet.. will do soon :huh:

Yes saving printing and paper is a must for me too!! Printing is working out very expensive :(

glad to have helped some people :D

i like the idea of having a column down side to add type/date of evidence but its difficult to fit them A4 in older age bands and still be able to read it , has anyone achieved this yet ?

age bands prime-specific areas.docx

have printed 'specifics' upside down on back of 'primes' so sheet can be flipped up to cross ref statements.

does anyone else think the statement (40-60 literacy) 'links sounds to letters, naming and sounding the letters of the alphabet' in 'reading' doesn't quite seem right in 'writing' doesn't seem to portray actually forming letters from sounds before they actually get to write names and labels....or maybe its just me :/ losing the will now

Edited by mouse63

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)