Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Percy The Park Keeper (New Memeber)

Hi,

I am new to this so hope this is the right place to ask? I am starting a topic on 'In the garden' and am basing it around Percy the Park Keeper books. I am struggling for fun, creative, hands on ideas for all areas. :mellow: anyone have any ideas please!!?? I have a mixed nursery and reception class mornings only. Reception join yr 1 and 2 in the afternoons.

Hi busybeemumof3, welcome to the forum :D ::1a

If you look in the Resources section there might be something on gardens that you could link in, although probably not specific to Percy the Park Keeper. :1b

Hi Busybeemumof3 and welcome to the forum.

Garden and outdoors is quite a big theme, there's finding out about all the animals, where they live, what they eat, obviously making pictures or clay models of them. You could find out about plants, how they grow and learn about the roots and light and water by growing your own in different conditions. Worms of course and lots of minibeasts spring to mind. Then there's sorting different types of leaves and perhaps finding out what plant they have come from. Different clothes for different types of weather, can they find a waterproof fabric for a rainy day? Can they make a little garden in a tray, using tiny plants and stones?

Any of that any good?

Hi :D Thanks for you warm welcome.

That's fantastic, thank you! It is only a 5 week topic but I always panic that I don't have enough ideas lol.

Guest ChunkyMan

Hi,

Make the role play area into Percy's shed with soft toys,

gardening equipment for digging outside,

soil in a tuff spot with plant pots etc,

design your own garden and label,

printing with leaves, twigs etc,

woodland animal hand puppets to act out story,

make a junk model bird house,

make a little garden in a tray etc with moss etc

making little structures outside with sticks, leaves etc

read Owl babies and order the owls talking about size etc

drawing/painting flowers outside with chalk or powder paint.

Watery mud in the water tray (if your brave)

free painting of british woodland animals.

Cx

Last year we had a terrible storm at our school so I read Percy and the storm and then I hid all of the animals - luckily I had lots of puppets around our village green, the child's hunted them down and then had to make a new shelter for them. They were really engaged and gave lots of opportunities to use the hammers and saws and screwdrivers. They made some pretty cool homes!!!

Thanks all, we are well and truly in full swing now :P and already thinking about the next topic :o lol x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)