Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can I Find The New Eyfs Online Yet ?

fimbo

The new EYFS won't be available until at least March 31st, but the foundation years website are posting answers to much asked questions about it, so it's worth checking the site every few days. :1b

i saw a sneaky peak a couple of days ago B) -well they told me it was the new eyfs anyway !! we had about 5 seconds, then it was whipped away -and from what i have seen it is a little 'different', but if you can find it please let me know -i want to have a betterlook :D

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe, Mrsbat and fimbo, you are thinking of the draft document that was released for consultation last year? I suspect it won't look all that different, but will be happy to be wrong... provided it's better!

we have just had the training dates released -

"The briefings will provide practitioners with support to enable them to successfully implement the revised EYFS framework. The sessions will focus on key differences and similarities including the revised Early Learning Goals and development matters, the 3 characteristics of effective learning and the impact of these on planning and practice. Revised assessment measures will also feature including the 2 year old report."

2 hour training sessions in june.

OK so I've been keeping a low profile (some might say burying my head in the sand!). Thanks KirstyC for providing the links, I've printed out the new Statutory Framework and it looks very clear and straightforward (and in only a relatively few pages!).

What has happened to the Practice Guidance document? Sarah Teather's statement says that no changes have been made following the second consultation, so has this document already been produced? I looked on the Foundation Years website (thank you Cait!) and found the Development Matters document produced by Early Education. It looks really well organised with lots of useful information. I see that it is 'supported by the Department for Education' - is this what practitioners should be using now?

Or have I just lost the plot completely? :blink: Not being in practice means I haven't really had to get my head around this as such, although I do want to go through this at college once their assignments are handed in! So anyone who can shed light and soothe my addled brain will be doing me a great favour!

I agree: the new dev matters looks good, and I'm pleased to see the columns "what adults could do" and "what adults could provide". Excellent. We don't have to use these until September, though.

• Like 1

So, in words of one syllable Helen, is this the document practitioners will work from when planning for children's learning? If so I'm very impressed indeed - as you say, the columns showing what adults can do and can provide are really useful. And I really like the clear descriptions of what children will/might be doing. I'll be interested to see what practitioners make of it... :1b

Or have I just lost the plot completely? :blink: Not being in practice means I haven't really had to get my head around this as such, although I do want to go through this at college once their assignments are handed in! So anyone who can shed light and soothe my addled brain will be doing me a great favour!

You and me both..... but at least you have an excuse - me? I think I'm just getting to old for all this to be honest :( :( :(

I agree: the new dev matters looks good, and I'm pleased to see the columns "what adults could do" and "what adults could provide". Excellent. We don't have to use these until September, though.
You just answered my previous question lol. I can't see any dev matters?? which link are they in please? :blink: :blink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)