Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Stictly 2011

SueFinanceManager

Dear all

I know this is a serious, professional forum for intellectual academic types but just had to say Yipppeee Strictly starts tomorrow......glitter balls and sequins and feathers and professional male dancers showing just enough flesh for a Saturday teatime :(

Cannot imagine Russell Grant dancing at all but happy to be proved wrong.....think Lulu should be quite good......stopped reading Robbie Savages tweets as he wasn't very nice so will be interesting to see how he comes across......will there be another Ann Widdicombe/John Sargent debacle like the last 2 years...... but most of all can't wait to listen to Len Goodman....love him and his pickled walnuts :oxD:(

Please feel free to add your thoughts and comments as the madness unfolds over the next few months.

Sue

I am not that bothered about the celebrities as such I just like watching people learn a new skill and hopefully go from 2 left feet to able and in some cases fab dancers. I get so fed up with some of the stuff on the telly and I have not watched a soap for 8 years....best thing I ever did to stop watching them.....but I just like this as it is harmless and jolly and makes me smile.

I am sure your mum and me will be in our element on Saturday night :o

I'm a strictly fan! Also a footie fan so watching Robbie Savage should be funny ( I saw him at a match a few weeks ago and he's already all tan and teeth so goodness only knows how much heaven he'll be in when they spray tan him and give him full-on open fronted shirt treatment - he'll be in his element!)

I'm putting my money on Jason Donovan - or Alex Jones ... love them! Hope Edwina Currie gets dressed up as an egg ... can't stand her!

Looking forward to "It takes 2" with Zoe Ball - Claudia was starting to do my head in!

Hurrah! Bring it on!!

Looking forward to "It takes 2" with Zoe Ball - Claudia was starting to do my head in!

Hurrah! Bring it on!!

My Emily said Zoe was doing take 2....is Claudia off having yet another child.....she must have about 27 by now :o

Sorry but I will be happy to see Alex Jones fall flat on her nose.....mean of me but there is something about her gets on my wick!

Anyway.....dum de dum dum dum dum.....

Given there's nothing else on telly on a Saturday, I will probably tune in at some point. It is good to see those who really cant, actually get to the point where they can at the end..suggesting there could be hope for all of us bereft of right feet.

Given there's nothing else on telly on a Saturday, I will probably tune in at some point. It is good to see those who really cant, actually get to the point where they can at the end..suggesting there could be hope for all of us bereft of right feet.

According to your avatar you are a fish so you don't have feet :o

yes will be watching...like Sue its the progress and how they do.. not celebrity that encourages me continue to watch..

My 'one fly in the ointment' is 'Brucie' afraid I may be the only one but cannot stand him at all... everything he does he turns back to himself...he really loves himself and self promotes so much.. often have the mute on when he is doing his bit!!

and with nothing else on Telly it does become my Saturday night addiction for a while... (X factor really does not do it for me.. )

My 'one fly in the ointment' is 'Brucie' afraid I may be the only one but cannot stand him at all... everything he does he turns back to himself...he really loves himself and self promotes so much.. often have the mute on when he is doing his bit!!

You are not alone Inge...as Sky plus peoples we always record it and start watching it after about 20 mins so we can forward wind when Brucie is on. I think it might be time for a new male presenter. I would like Anton du Beke to do it as I think he is funny and I he is not one of my favourite professionals to watch dancing if that makes sense.

Agree , Anton is fine in his own ballroom but not for the latin...

Hubby is usually on main tv with something so Sky+ is out for me.. I watch in the conservatory ... with my glass of wine and peace and quiet with no comments from him about it.. he is not a fan!

Agree , Anton is fine in his own ballroom but not for the latin...

Hubby is usually on main tv with something so Sky+ is out for me.. I watch in the conservatory ... with my glass of wine and peace and quiet with no comments from him about it.. he is not a fan!

ha ha.. other way around in this house only hubby is with the main tv watching strictly and I'm in the conservatory with a bottle of wine!!!!

Sorry but I will be happy to see Alex Jones fall flat on her nose.....mean of me but there is something about her gets on my wick!

Oh - I'll second that - I find her intensely irritating :(xD

Really looking forward to Strictly........X Factor fan too :o not sure that it's 'fashionable' to admit to that!!! :(

Well it's taken me about 6 months to work out that her and Christine Bleakly are actually different people!!!

Oh me too, Mr Mundia just keeps saying ...'shes Welsh for goodnes sake. Cant you tell the difference?'

Glad it wasnt just me then

I'm a huge strictly fan, I don't watch much TV but can't wait for Saturday night.

I would love to be able to dance like that.

Loathed Ann Widicombe.....felt they should have had their own category for light entertainment not have been part of the competition because there was absolutely no dancing involved :o .

I'm ready to join any 'get rid of Brucie' campaign. I LOVE the sequins, glitter, spray tan, and even the dancing, so I watch avidly - but Brucie is appalling. His catch phrases were pathetic in the first place, but we have all heard them far, far, far too many times - and that was about 40 years ago. He is just dreadful. And he is so full of himself. Does he not realise the program is about dancing and the celebrities, and how they progress. It is not the Brucie tribute show.

I shall watch but all my family (Mr Gruffalo watches too) will be groaning and moaning every time the camera pans onto that ridiculous man.

BBC _ PLEASE FORCE HIM TO RETIRE!

• 2 months later...

I think it was the right decision, Audley had quite a few near misses.

I really enjoyed Harry's Argentine Tango, I thought it had more passion than Anita's though she was good too.

I also thought that Holly's temporary partnership with Brendon was better, they seem to connect more. Perhaps Holly can feel Kara's eyes boring into her when she dances with Artem!

The dresses are just stunning this year!

Ohh I agree Debs I think the costume department are amazing....those dresses (or in Ola's case the lack of them xD ) have so many sequins or those little crystals that are all stuck on individually they are just stunning.

Not disappointed to see Audley go but will miss Natalie as I think she is fab - u lous as Craig would say.

Now for the 'Grant' debate......do we love him or loathe him.....I find it hard to dislike someone who is obviously having the time of his life and loving every minute of the whole experience. We should ask him if he's going to win....he must have read his chart/stars :o

having watched last nights... hated it.. far too big a venue for something like that.. most ended up skipping to fill in and move around the space a bit.. losing their focus because of it.. along with the constant noisy echo and rubbish sound... ended up turning it off..

will watch the rest of the dances when I can skip through all the rubbish..

and those VTs this year.. what has all that got to do with practice..?

I was looking forward the the line up and wish they had not tried to X Factor it so much by playing around with it..

and don't get me started on that enormous ego .. Brucie really does think he is the best at everything, shuffling along pretending he can still dance , never mind constantly turning it all back to himself

I will not spoil as I knew who is going ... tend to avoid the results show this season too.. but I am out this evening at a firework show on the beach...

feel better now..

and breathe

Haha Inge - rant away! I too haven't enjoyed it so much this year as last few. The venue was far too big - Blackpool ballroom seemed the best if they have to have some away from the usual studio. As you say, Bruce doesn't do himself any favours these days - I wonder if his family cringe a bit too?

So who do you hope will win overall?

I agree Inge that the venue was too big last night. It didn't make for good TV viewing I thought. Of course, it was all in a good cause (think they made over £100,000 for CIN) and I'm prepared to make allowances for that but Blackpool is a much more intimate venue.

I still cannot bear Alesha as a judge but love Bruno!

It has taken me a while to get into this year's line up. I think Harry will win (very good hip action) and he and Aliona make a lovely couple but I don't really mind who wins. Russell is good fun and considerably better than Anne but I can't see him hanging on much longer. Who knows though!

Well glad it wasn't just me.....as said I will forgive the choice of venue as it was for CIN but made for a poor programme to watch as a TV viewer. xD

Bruce......don't get me started :o

As for the VT's....I used to be interested in what they did in training but all this contrived stage managed acting thingies I CAN'T STAND EM!!!!!!

Thank goodness for sky+ as there is no way I could watch this programme in real time!

I must be the odd one out here. :o I like Bruce, find Bruno amusing but he is getting a bit irritating. I think that Chelsee is the bees knees but she seems to be the odd one out. I love Alex who has improved a lot and think Anita is really wonderful as she puts her acting heart into it all. I agree that Wembley seemed too big, but there was obviously a wonderful atmosphere for those present.

Thank goodness for sky+ as there is no way I could watch this programme in real time!

I'm with you on that one! Used to be glued on a Sat night but found myself choosing NOT :o to watch this week as I could cathc up and FF later!