Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Response From Sarah Teather

Rea

How interesting. And how remarkably similar to the email I received (except for the Minister's apology) and how similar to those received by members of the EYPSf to their letters to Ms Teather.

So are you reassured, Rea? :o

I think it sounds like the usual empty, twaddle ministers are used to using.

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if she'd said...

'I'd love to meet the people I've upset, I'd love to speak to normal people who still work out of church halls, who can only afford to pay the staff for some of the hours they actually work, excellent staff who, despite continued meddling within the sector continue giving their all to ensure all the rules and regulations are met. I'd like to meet the the staff and committee members who know with each new sound bite out of Westminster, they could be saying goodbye to their church hall, scout hut or spare room because they haven't got enough toilets or an outdoor area. And those staff who despite all this continue training for the good of the children, knowing full well their pay will never reflect the commitment'.

Now that would have been a date for the dairy :o

It would have been wonderful to hear her say that and brilliantly put Rea

BUT

That would mean her having a basic understanding of life in the real world :o

Heaven forbid!! xD

Write back and say you are not satisfied with that response and say why. These are the people who quote EPPE then give us the new framwork which I have now scoured for meaning and can only find rhetoric and soundbites.

Cx

Yes, I think a response is necessary, especially since I've re-read the original thread about Ms Teather's comments.

I feel that pushing children who are not ready to 'form letters and hold a pencil' will simply worsen the current situation, like forcing a square peg into a round hole.

Why can't the government take a leaf out of the book of European countries and delay fformal education until children are 7, when children are ready and with no detriment to their longer term knowledge or level of qualification.

With the recent riots I believe the government has to take a radical step to change the environment in which children grow up to give them a sporting chance so that they are not set up to fail at such a young age.

I doubt whether the government has the knowledge or the courage to take such a step.

What a brilliant, passionate, professional letter! Will copy this and take to show everyone at work to show how others are trying to make a change, and we could join them! May be motivated to write to our own MP to give support to the cause.

I think everyone should write their MP, they have a duty to look after their constituents. Mine's Labour so rather cynically I think he's probably loving this :o

One of my favorite programme's is Question Time, I just love seeing polititians come up against the public.

Edited by Rea

• 1 year later...

"Why can't the government take a leaf out of the book of European countries and delay formal education until children are 7, when children are ready and with no detriment to their longer term knowledge or level of qualification."

it seems that the new plan is to formalise education earlier with the introduction of the new role of early years teachers.

whilst I much appreciate the increase in professional status, even a brief glimpse into Europe would tell us that we should be delaying formalisation. where is the advice coming from?

are any of the people making these decisions even for a day worked in an early years setting?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)