Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registers

Just wondering what you all use for Registers. We currently do our own because we haven't found one that has spaces to enter time in and out. Although it works fine it is time consuming sitting and ruling the lines and entering dates individually etc.

TIA :o

Hi Jeany

After lots of searching we decided to compile our own.

Although time consuming to start with, now it is on the computer, we just update as and when necessary.

Its a spreadsheet really with child's name, DOB, highlighted sessions they attend/ and then other squares are blanked out if that makes sense.

Then behind it we have a sheet with child's name, address, emergency contact tel.no:, doctors tel.no: allergies, easy to grab in an emergency and all in one place.

I buy the file from Staples and put the sheets in for each half-term.

We have a separate book for children arriving late or leaving early which parents sign located by our entrance/exit.

I will try to load one but please be patient as i'm a little computer phobic. :o

I made them in excel... similar to bridger.. printed them out weekly so any changes could be made before printing..

also had a sheet of details in the file

don't think I still have them or would add for you..will check...but dont hold your breath..

thanks bridger the psla ones are the ones we have at the moment but they keep falling apart...i'm getting fed up of sticking them back together...they look a right mess by the end of their life! :o but i really like having a book style rather than loose sheets or a file...just find them easier to grab on the way out on fire drills. We have had to do am and pm registers for a while...but now i'm increasing numbers i need something for 30 in the morning and 30 in the afternoon...we also do time in/time out which we can do with the psla ones but it's a tight squeeze xD

I devised mine on excel update and print new one each term

i keep it in a folder that has platic wallets in it

this is also where i keep my reciepts, daily risk assessments, key people chart ,spare letters

I made my own too. Used a table in word, printed out for the whole term and bound them on my comb binding machine. I laminated front and back covers for extra durability and they usually made it to the end of term in one piece.

The good thing about making your own is that you can include whatever information you want and devise a form that really works for you. The bad thing is that it is another thing to do at the end of the holidays!

I made my own too. Used a table in word, printed out for the whole term and bound them on my comb binding machine. I laminated front and back covers for extra durability and they usually made it to the end of term in one piece.

The good thing about making your own is that you can include whatever information you want and devise a form that really works for you. The bad thing is that it is another thing to do at the end of the holidays!

HUh what holiday???!!!! xD ...perhaps you should go in to production Happymaz they sound great...i'll be your first test case if you want! :o

That's exactly what I do too!

Mr S was at home on Monday when I was beginning to 'put things together' so he got the job - he makes an excellent 'office girl! :o Mind you, he did keep saying "is that it"?......Hmmm......no...... Register......Fire Drill record.......Accident record.....Updated Policy and Procedures booklet......new Prospectus.......

HUh what holiday???!!!! :( ...perhaps you should go in to production Happymaz they sound great...i'll be your first test case if you want! xD

Well if its any consolation I haven't had much of a holiday either. You'll be glad to know the paper mountain has been disposed of but there is still the little matter of a shedload of resources to sell!

I do keep looking at my comb binder and wondering how I'll use it without registers/child collection books and so on to do! :o

Thanks for all the replies. The thing that puts me off of doing my own is I know that our LA likes things to be tamper proof so don't really want sheets in a folder.

I am going to have a look at the psla and see if that could work for us.

Thanks again

My Mr S does the same.

there is one week to go - putting plans in place - starting to tingle now and panic at the same time

Do I have everything in place.................................

I have a weekly sheet I have made up too - I have a question - do we have to keep the registers - or can we transfer them on to computer file.

TRANSFER THE INFORMATION????

I too devised my own register using a standard table format (I have 60 children on register and couldn't find a printed version)but I put it in a folder on my computer with all the other weekly forms such as nappy changing record, cleaning schedule, daily risk assessment, fridge temp record etc and then just print the whole folder on a friday ready for monday. simples!