Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Things To Do Before You Die!

sunnyday

We had a guide in Rome who suddenly started shouting at an old bent lady in a shawl who was shuffling along the pavement.

Turned out it was a fit young man dressed to look like an old lady and con tourists into putting money into the tin she was carrying.

Our guide was having none it, nor the street vendors, mostly African looking, who tried to sell things like fake handbags. He got very irate with all of them, waving his arms and shouting. :o

Goodness - I'm starting to 'go off' the Rome idea! xD

My favourite. My Nan used to buy me one when I was little and was been dragged round the Bullring (We're back in good old Blighty now by the way :o)

Edited by Rea

What a brilliant FSF trip for the holidays! Make a change from Dublinbay's palatial residence - what do you say Cait and Sunnyday, fancy a little Italian (or a big one if you like)?

Make mine a medium please! :(

Must try not to 'alert' dublinbay - just in case we can't smuggle Cait out of the country - we may need her place to fall back on...

We need, however, to let the rest of the summer partygoers know that we are planning a change of venue.....bridger, Gezabel, Inge, Maz.......who else? :( Goodness - Sue - she's almost fluent in Italian you know! xD

I'm sure you could fit nicely in my luggage Cait. You can help to keep the bottles from clinking together as we go through customs :(

How big is your case Rea - you do know that Cait always wears flippers - it being so wet in those Cumbrian hills :wacko: :o

Edited by sunnyday

Im in..although not sure I am into a little or big Italian really...

but Rome... been a few times and managed very well getting around - we did use public transport with no problems when the feet ran out!

and make mine Pizza Prosciutto e Funghi along with a house red...

followed by lemon sorbet please...

must be time to throw another coin in that fountain!

Think Cait should invest in new style of protective gear.. not sure the fins will be needed...

don't forget me - i'd like to come :o

Hoped you would hali - hopefully PW, Upsy Daisy and BMG will join us too! xD

Inge - I have spoken to Cait about her flipper 'habit' on numerous occasions........it used to be wellies.......she moved on to the flippers some progress there I suppose :( - I know I'll buy her some flip-flops! :(

gosh the time we were there only a couple of years ago now we were able to sit on the side with feet in the water, as did loads of others!

and no guide for us.. hate them, all they seem to do is heard people like cattle.. a nice free wander with a map and guide book is great..

and no guide for us.. hate them, all they seem to do is heard people like cattle.. a nice free wander with a map and guide book is great..

Thats why I need to go back! We only had a day in Rome so chose to have a guide but really I felt very rushed. No time to stand and stare :o

Aww, Zebedee is feeling very left out - he says he'll lend me his cagoule, although goodness only knows what he'll do without it.

Hey - if we do Venice I could bring the canoe!!!!

- he says he'll lend me his cagoule

Non capisco.........why take his cagoule - he won't be able to cope with a Cumbrian summer without the waterproofs - you on the other hand dear Cait will be sunning yourself in Rome......