Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tribal Are Recruiting!

HappyMaz

Did anyone see the advert in Nursery World yesterday? Tribal are recruting people to train as Associate Inspectors for Ofsted. They're looking for graduates/EYPs which is interesting.

Anyone tempted?

Don't you think there's an argument for having more practice-focussed inspectors though, moo20? When you listen to people who talk positively about their inspection process they inevitably comment on how the inspector seemed on their wavelength, or understood the pressures we face.

Maybe the more of us who take up inspection, the more group-friendly the process will become?

Don't you think there's an argument for having more practice-focussed inspectors though, moo20? When you listen to people who talk positively about their inspection process they inevitably comment on how the inspector seemed on their wavelength, or understood the pressures we face.

Maybe the more of us who take up inspection, the more group-friendly the process will become?

Sounds like a plan Maz! You could infiltrate, then take over, moaaaww!!

Go for it!

You are of course right, in principal I would love to see more skilled inspectors. Am feeling particuarly jaded! I'm not sure though that within such a beurocratic system it would make a difference.........Crikey, not normally so pessimistic, or I didn't used to be anyway!!!!

The inspector I had for my suitable person and has carried out the last two inspections, before I was manager, is lovely, and terribly indescreet! She asked about the reorganisation in our area and the impact it was having across the region, which she probably regreted!!! She also said though that it sounded as much of a mess as the contracting out by OFSTED, she wasn't happy.

If lots of you nice people are going to be Inspectors, do you think we could have a secret handshake so that the rest of us know when we are in good hands!!

:wacko: :(xD really made me smile :(:( of course no reason for any future inspectors not to wear their FSF badges.

How about a nice piece of silver jewellery steve :o nice and plain with FSF engraved and options of pendant/ring would be nice - oh and nickel free please, don't want much do I!!!!! xD

I emailed yesterday after having seen the advert; received the info late afternoon.

I don't know how Ofsted work with regards to employing inspectors, but with Tribal you are self employed, will be given a set amount of inspections to do each year and will be paid £200 ish for each one, you need to pay own expenses, provide own transport and IT.

Still thinking..........................!

doesn't sound a lot for an inspection,

especially if it is per setting and it takes 2 days... along with any travel costs and need for laptop, internet etc...

and other question is would it be in the area you live, so could be difficult if you know the settings or people, out of area adds travel costs... so many variables.. suppose you wont know unless you apply..

I don't know how Ofsted work with regards to employing inspectors, but with Tribal you are self employed, will be given a set amount of inspections to do each year and will be paid £200 ish for each one, you need to pay own expenses, provide own transport and IT.

I don't like the sound of that at all. Far too much scope for skipping through making a few snap judgements, printing out a formulaic report and taking the next couple of days off.

...ah thanks for that insight Janny1960 and Inge.

That would explain why my and a neighbouring nursery (both FD care and ASC's) had inspection in January 2011 that lasted from about 8.30/9.00 'ish with feedback at 3.30 and out the door by 4.00. The days of two day inspection are long gone, no wonder with a set price.

Edited by BMG

The area 'south east England' is huge!

There seems to be no 'expenses' so all travel etc is down to the individual which could include overnight stays if too far to do round trip in one day.

Have to provide own computer etc etc

Some time ago when it was OFSTED themselves recruiting the salary was pretty impressive and there were loads of 'extras' including £400 a year towards heating/lighting bills. They provided all ICT equipement including desk and chair. The desk and chair were delivered to your home and 'set up' to ensure it was right chair, height etc etc etc.

The one word that concerned me was that tribal will 'endeavour' to assign inspections to the associate inspectors - that to me means 'no guarantees'.

I know it isn't all about money at all but to agree to be self employed with no other payments than £200-250 per inspection and no guarantee of how many inspections or where they will be seems a bit risky to me :o

Oh! and Steve the design is done xD simple disc same shape as fsf badge and engraved with FSF in the same style as the badge - da da!!! took me ages to design so who conjurs up a prototype??

I was in Brighton earlier in the year and they had a clever machine that you put a 1p coin in, chose your design and then pressed a button to 'flatten' the coin - it was in a sealife centre and I have a lovely dolphin - perhaps we could push the boat out and make an fsf machine :(

I suppose it's one of those opportunities that some people might take up as an extra to their current job (eg if they work part time).

But by the time you have allowed for travel, plus wear and tear on car and possibly business insurance, as well as IT equipment, then is it really worth it?

Be interesting to know how many takers they get?

Love the design idea Gezabel, I reckon FSF HQ should get on to it immediately, if not sooner.

I have a friend who works for another outsourced company doing inspections and it is on a similar system as the one described above. She is doing it in addition to her manager's role, partly as increasing experience and giving herself a challenge. She has a very set times in which to complete the inspection and report, although it fits with the experiences in our local area of inspection times becoming shorter and shorter, whoever is conducting the inspection. She also has to declare known acquaintances in settings to avoid her being asked to inspect their settings. Don't know if they would class FSF friendships as "real" in the sense we don't always meet, etc!

I would like to see more inspections from inspectors who actually understand the type of setting being visited though, rather than ex school teachers inspecting pack away preschools. One inspector I spoke to was so shocked by the idea of not leaving things out at the end of the session she nearly couldn't take anything else in!

:(xD :wacko: really made me smile :(:( of course no reason for any future inspectors not to wear their FSF badges.

I wouldn't bet on that Gezabel - I'll bet there's a contract you need to sign about your use of social media, identifying yourself as being part of an organisation other than Tribal/Ofsted etc. And can you imagine if the setting you were inspecting didn't approve of the outcome - it would make the FSF a much less friendly place to be! :o

I am tempted :o I fancy a change of direction but of course still within early years,

I have learnt to be truly objective and think I would be honest and fair xD

I might give it a shot, nothing ventured nothing gained I guess but will think about it first!!!!

Oooh go for it girl! You'd be fab!

I wouldn't bet on that Gezabel - I'll bet there's a contract you need to sign about your use of social media, identifying yourself as being part of an organisation other than Tribal/Ofsted etc. And can you imagine if the setting you were inspecting didn't approve of the outcome - it would make the FSF a much less friendly place to be! :o

A good friend of mine is an ofsted inspector ..... and she said she feels like she always wants to duck down when she is passing a local school she had to put into special measures.

But I couldn't find the ad on the site - do you have a link?

Since the person's email address was made publicly available in Nursery World, I don't see a problem in showing it here. Apologies to any moderator who disagrees, who will no doubt remove it on my behalf!

You need to email Kathryn.Harris@tribalgroup.com and ask for more details. :o