Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

They Came..

Rea

A lovely lady from Ofsted went to playgroup today, she arrived about 10.30 I got there about 1pm. She chatted about everything, her elderly mother, childrens GCSE choices and early years.

She used to run a pack away setting :o How fab was that?

She was so happy with everything she saw, didnt ask me anything to do with committee side of things and I'd taken just about eveything that would fit inside a big bag and a massive folder, and she didnt ask the playleader much either. I left before feedback but it was all really positive.

Well done to all the staff, I'm sure a good in all areas wouldnt be too much to expect when the report comes. :(xD

Thanks everyone. After the problems we had with the Charity Commission last year it was great to get some lovely feedback.

She understood how hard it is to get parents involved seeing they just want to drop and run for the most part. She understood about sharing a rented hall, having a landlord, no letter box, no outside area of our own..She was utterly on our side.

The staff have been great getting things in order that the previous deputy said she'd done and hadnt. They have a lovely shared vision of where they want to go next and really know the children they have.

A couple of parents spoke to her, giving lovely comments, they are both new to the committee, so they see how much work the staff do.

I'd like to treat them to something, they didnt get a treat at Christmas with funds being so low and I really feel they should have something in the way of a thank you for your efforts.

Any ideas?

Hi Rea congratulations and fingers crossed to you and your team, how lovely to hear of a inspector who really understands a packaway setting and the many challenges it may bring.

As for a little gift for your two mums/committee members, have found in the past a card acknowledging all their efforts and support goes down well or a small bunch of flowers.[ remember its the thought that counts]. :oxD

Lovely to hear your news Rea..........that's how it should be............inspectors experienced in early years and all that entails. It's so much easier and relaxing to show off your setting when the inspectors understand where you're coming from.

I agree with Bridger about the card and something simple like flowers to thank staff for their efforts. Congratulations again! :o

Fab news, Rea - well done!

It's YOU who deserves the thank you card and flowers!!

Please can you tell her there is a lovely little packaway setting in Somerset that would love such a friendly and understanding inspector.

:o

Please can you tell her there is a lovely little packaway setting in Somerset that would love such a friendly and understanding inspector.

:o

Well I was hoping she might pop down to sunny Kent! xD

No, seriously now, I'm so pleased for you Rea - fantastic news! :(

What's going on, we are all begging for Ofsted. I feel like we have been 10 months pregnant since last May when our 'due date' was!

Our EYT just offered us a 'pre-ofsted' visit, do you think they know something we don't!?

bridger please remove your elbow from my ribs.......you are most certainly NOT first......Suzie is and then me! :o

Suzie - well I suppose they might know something you don't - kinda doubt it though! xD

Rea - can you give us any info. on 'hot topics' - obviously safeguarding........anything else?

Great news Rea, :o

Wouldn't it be great if the person spec to become an Ofsted Inspector was to have had first hand experience of a preschool setting.

Like in your experience, these people know and understand about all the 'hidden agenda's' that staff, children and parents deal with on a daily basis which impacts on quality and ethos.

As for thank you's how about? A bunch of flowers for each member of staff and committee, a bottle of vino or perfume for you, a nice new piece of equipment for the children and a postcard posted to all parents with a hand written note thanking them for their support and contribution to the success of the preschool.

Happy celebrations xD and congratulations. :(

Peggy

Rea - can you give us any info. on 'hot topics' - obviously safeguarding........anything else?

Sorry, cant really help. I spoke to her for about an hour about how the elderly are cared for, how grammer and speaking skills are missing from our teenagers and how lovely and friendly everyone at playgroup are.

She didnt ask the playleader about safeguarding, she spoke a bit about planning for SEN children and suggested they have a rolling snack bar. But really that was about it. She was given various folders and she was on her own in the setting for about half an hour over lunch so probably had a good snoop round. She told us she gets a feel within about 10 mins if a place is right or not.

As Chair I thought she would ask management type things, employment of staff, CRB's, confidentiality maybe, I didnt know what to expect from a committee point of view but I wasnt asked anything.

Hope you all get your visits soon and they all go as well or better than ours.

But lets stop the squabbles please, its not kind or funny to dig people in the ribs. We must wait until its our turn, shall I get the timer to help you wait? :o

she sounds a delightful inspector Rea, what a shame mine isn't quite like that. Will be doing a Responsible Person interview in a few weeks for my new Deputy - I expect the same inspector will turn up again which will be her 4th outing to us - I don't seem to be able to strike up any kind of rapport with her, although she is always efficient and polite etc. but I don't like the way she does her questioning, or how she phrases it, just doesn't know how to put one at ease I suppose - no bedside manner so to speak, just efficient at what she does!

Well done Rea, that's a huge tick off of the to do list for a little while

Thanks everyone. After the problems we had with the Charity Commission last year it was great to get some lovely feedback.

She understood how hard it is to get parents involved seeing they just want to drop and run for the most part. She understood about sharing a rented hall, having a landlord, no letter box, no outside area of our own..She was utterly on our side.

The staff have been great getting things in order that the previous deputy said she'd done and hadnt. They have a lovely shared vision of where they want to go next and really know the children they have.

A couple of parents spoke to her, giving lovely comments, they are both new to the committee, so they see how much work the staff do.

I'd like to treat them to something, they didnt get a treat at Christmas with funds being so low and I really feel they should have something in the way of a thank you for your efforts.

Any ideas?

After our fab ofsted I wrote each member of staff a card then put a gift card in it from the post office (lots of different places to use). I did this so deputy got more than assistant playleaders and part time playleaders got less again. I felt fairest way than same flowers for every one.

buttercup