Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Rubbish Day

laura

Oh dear, what a day. Various things have happened finishing with someone stealing my handbag from the pre-school office. I'm absolutely gutted and hoping that it miraculously turns up tomorrow. All cards cancelled, driving license sorted, police rung. So sad as it must be a member of staff, we have had a few things go missing, including our children in need money, but put it down to someone who shares our hall, but this can't be the case. :o

Oh laura how dreadful. Are the staff aware that police have been called? That may prompt your bag to be delivered anonymously back - I do hope so. It must be awful to know that someone on your team is a thief.

Chin up - hope it all gets sorted soon. In the meantime, try to relax tonight if you can. :o

Oh thats awful. :o

So much worse knowing its one of your collegues.

I'd call a team meeting so you can let everyone know its been reported and to tell them to be vigilant.

What a horrible thing to happen.

Am going to speak to all staff tomorrow and really hoping whoever took it has a conscience! thanks guys x

ps and it was my lovely 2 week old Radley pink handbag - the police woman was very sympathetic!

Edited by laura

:oJust had to send you my sympathy!Bad enough having your lovely bag stolen,but to think it must be a member of your team is just awful.

Sending you a big hug.Hope all is sorted soon.!

Biker.

Hi i am so sorry for this disgusting act to you personally. I for whatever reason could not forgive someone whom did that to me, saying that i am one of those people that would give my very last to anyone in need, but just come and tell me, i do so hope it miraculously returns as if by magic and you can go on thinking that not everyone is a possible suspect.

I am sure it has probably left a nasty taste.

Big hugs to you. :o

We have 2 apprentices who are the ones we suspect, one more than the other. Things have been going missing since she started.

I spoke to a lovely police officer who advised how we should question staff, and speak to everyone. Obviously they deny it, a member of staff over heard one telling the other that we had 'staged it'! The police officer came in as he said his presence would make whoever did it realise we were serious. He suggested lockers but we are pack away so that is not so easy, so we are going to look into CCTV.

All my cards cancelled, driving license sorted, store cards replaced etc etc. At least my phone wasn't in it, I'd taken my diary out, just such a hassle having no cards for 7 to 10 days! Good job all my Christmas shopping done - and now hubby knows what to get me for Chrismas....

Oh dear laura, I guess that was wishful thinking on our part that the thief might bring it back. You've obviously got it all sorted now, but it doesn't really take away the awfulness of it, does it?

Hope Santa brings you a nice new bag for Christmas!

Just seen this post and it's brought horrible memories back about the time this happened to me and one of my colleagues several years ago. In our case it was a parent who was strongly suspected but we couldn't prove anything. It left a nasty taste in the mouth of everyone in the Nursery and made us all suspicious of everyone coming in for a long time afterwards.

So sorry about what's happened to you but I hope you have a happy christmas and a peaceful New Year.