Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Had A Totally Rubbishy, Yukky Week?

Guest Spiral

Well,

my week has been horrendous..can't tell anyone about it as it's all confidential, but I'm in the centre and feel like my role is to keep each group from biting each other's heads off! These are adults I'm talking about and they are all teachers or governors!

I really could do with a large drink and I'd be happy to take up smoking, drugs or anything else right now if it helped me to feel better! I know it's only words, but I'm getting tired.

Don't want this to reflect upon my personal life with my children, but I'm finding it difficult and they can see mum is getting a little tearful and tetchy.

Anyone else had a bad week?

Spiral :o

Virtual hugs definitely greatly received.

Shame they don't sell packets of 'reasoning, apologies and kindness', just sprinkle it on your cereal and you get a free, yet nice emotion! - problem sorted! :o

Spiral.

Actually not had too bad a week - received a nice little bonus from LA for getting a good Ofsted earlier in the year.

I think many adults feel as you do at this part of the year, it's a long slog from Sept. to Christmas with little in the way of holiday, although the 2 snow days last week did wonders for me!

Everyone can get so tetchy very quickly when they are tired during the short dark days, I hope you can resolve problems with your colleagues before the Christmas hols and return in the New Year a little refreshed and ready for Spring and the thought of longer warmer days.

Actually not had too bad a week - received a nice little bonus from LA for getting a good Ofsted earlier in the year.

Have sent you a pm - I need details!!! xD

I'm off out for a beer with the girls, I recommend it as therapy.

:o

Enjoy - hic! :(

Edited by sunnyday

ahh poor you - have a large one tonight - ive had a chest infection all week ( i too feeel like a ciggy as i keep saying to everyone in a coughing fit - ' i dont smoke you know' :oxD ) - i'll join you for one but mines a hot toddy :(

Thanks Panders - we have one little boy hopefully starting with us to spend his final couple of terms before going off to the village primary in September so that will go some way to replacing some of the sessions lost because of the two children leaving this term. I'm very grateful for small mercies!

Busy busy week. New sofa came yesterday and until Tuesday I hadnt even open the tin of paint for the liing room, mad dash, take aways and no houseowrk or hubbys paperwork done while I got it sorted.

Then my Max disappeared overnight and most of the next day, devestated and headachy with stress and fear. It felt like a week before I got him back. :(

But tonight I've cooked a lovely roast beef dinner and caused myself to have a real belly laugh. I dont cook very well, its edible but with a dose of apologies thrown in for good measure.

Tonight I out did myself, I cooked cauliflower in with the red cabbage. Never cooked red cabbage before, I didnt know it would make the cauliflower purple! :o It looked like a dinner from the Teletubbies or Willie Wonkas chocolate factory. Tears of laughter made a nice change. xD

Hope your weekend allows you to relax and chill out. Difficult I know with Christmas looming. have a hug from the worlds worst cook. ((()))

Tonight I out did myself, I cooked cauliflower in with the red cabbage. Never cooked red cabbage before, I didnt know it would make the cauliflower purple! :o It looked like a dinner from the Teletubbies or Willie Wonkas chocolate factory. Tears of laughter made a nice change. :(

xD:(

Ooh Cait, you've got purple carrots? I've always wanted to try them!

My week, bleurrgh, up and down and down and exhausting.

2 Christmas cakes in the bin- both horribly wrong. News about my old setting all week, churning up memories. Hardly seen Mr ppp this week, always makes me grumpy. Made 12 mince pies today - went wrong, more pastry than mince meat so made another 12 - they'll do!

2 internet orders -treat for myself, but paid for then got email 'sorry out of stock''.

Hoping for better day tomorrow - Christmas shopping in Dunelm - heaven! Then choir concert - reason for mince pies. pleased that I haven't caught a cold or had a sore throat!

Virtual hugs to you and wish there was an 'agree' button I could click! Have had an awful 3 weeks - sickness bug, then trapped nerve in neck (left side) tonsilitis then trapped nerve (left side) cured only to re-emerge iin ridght side. To top it off I had a very irrational and verbally abusive parent which I thankfully called the HT to come at the right time - that's just work and then there is home!

Looking forward to going away for Christmas though 14 days to go! xx

Edited by Guest

Lots of hugs to all who feel in need.

Sorry I haven't been around much just lately - been a pretty rubbish time all round really and just to finish me off I have just said fond farewell to son and heir number two who flies to Australia tomorrow xD again! but only for 6 weeks or so this time :o

Its been an up and down week for me .... the 'up' side - we had a magical nativity play this morning at pre-school ... and the 'down' i've been given THREE modules of my Foundation Degree all in one go and just don't know where to start! (maybe after Christmas)

dottyp :)

ohh I feel for you! Some days my staff (well a couple of them) want to make me bash my head against a brick wall - then other days they're the best team ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems ok when I'm there - but I dread having a day off............I seem to come back to carnage!

xxx

Wow,

well I think I'll try a meal of purple cauli, with purple carrots followed by some chocolate and a beer with the girls as I could see that going down well (maybe more of a Hester bloomenthal meal - don't know how to spell his surname)

I thought of someone I love dearly who passed away recently and it all put into perspective. Life is too short and those who do create issues for others who have good intentions will get their just desserts!

Thank you all so much, it's really cheered me up,

Spiral x