Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Royal Wedding

sunnyday

I would think as its Government imposed we just have to go along with it. The councils have time between now and then to work out the funding.

Staff dont have to be paid for bank holidays, thats up to you. But I would say as its a one off we could pay them as usual.

I wish they'd move our Easter holiday back a week so it covered that week entirely - going in for two days doesn't appeal :o and according to my sums I'll be about £250 down by losing that day - to say nothing of rent and wages which I'll be obliged to pay!

I wish they'd move our Easter holiday back a week so it covered that week entirely - going in for two days doesn't appeal :o and according to my sums I'll be about £250 down by losing that day - to say nothing of rent and wages which I'll be obliged to pay!

Us too its our really busy session, really pleased for them but it will mess up our funding I am sure about that

Sue

I apologise If I've come across as a bit 'ba humbug' about the whole thing. Of course they want a special day, and naturally it should be a day that we are all able to enjoy without worrying about having to go into work and miss all the celebrations. I just wish they'd gone with one of the two Bank Holidays that are already in that fortnight!!! :o

I apologise If I've come across as a bit 'ba humbug' about the whole thing.

I don't think you need to apologise Cait - I know I will be heartily sick of reading about it well before the wedding day although I haven't actually read much of the coverage so far. :o And I will enjoy watching it on tv! xD

It is funny though, to think that one couple's wedding can have so many ramifications on our working lives. Local Authorities have a long time to sort the funding issues out - I don't see why settings should be out of pocket to support a bank holiday so that members of the royal family can get married!

Guest jenpercy

We don't have to pay staff - my contracts say that bank holidays are included in their holiday entitlement - which I am perfectly entitled to do - so it just means forcing staff to have one boring holiday day when there is nothing on Tv and the weather isn't good enough to sunbathe. you may think I'm mean but we will be losing revenue for that week and in the end it all comes out of my pocket in the long run. No income no wages and I don't pay snow days either - which is a very timely annnouncement. Contract says I can vary their hours.

Bah humbug!!!

I love a good wedding and will enjoy this one, but these edicts from the Government have implications. It's all very well putting this on to councils but they are having to cut back spending on an enormous scale, and are now going to having to pick up the bill for this day off as a Bank holiday, unless of course the Government puts some extra money in.

This will not only affect nursery funding one way or another, but people like my daughter who has 24 hour care. She would normally be in a Day Centre, which is relatively cheap compared with the cost of it being closed and them having to provide one to one as she lives 'independently'. Someone is going to have to pay for a days extra care and that someone will be the local authority.

My LA doesn't pay us funding for the may day bank holiday that falls during term time so I guess this will be another day that we go without! Much as a Royal Wedding is lovely I don't recall the royal family taking a financial hit when I got married! Baa Humbug :o

Guest jenpercy

it's another case of the rich (Cameron et al) not understanding. If you are salaried - you will get a paid day's holiday, if you are hourly paid it is almost certain that you will havwe to use one of your holidays to for it.

We don't have to pay staff - my contracts say that bank holidays are included in their holiday entitlement - which I am perfectly entitled to do - so it just means forcing staff to have one boring holiday day when there is nothing on Tv and the weather isn't good enough to sunbathe. you may think I'm mean but we will be losing revenue for that week and in the end it all comes out of my pocket in the long run. No income no wages and I don't pay snow days either - which is a very timely annnouncement. Contract says I can vary their hours.

Bah humbug!!!

Do you know you cant please all the people all the time, just be happy for them, have a street party

and celebrate with them! :o

I'm sure everyones happy for them jayr, as happy as you can be towards a total strangers impending marriage anyway.

But if people are going to be losing income I think they are entitled to feel a bit peeved with it all.

As an unemployed person it doesnt affect me, but as Chair of playgroup it does, especially when I see how small our bank account is, if we lose funding for that day its about £170. I've already had to tell staff they wont get a christmas bonus this year and playgroup wont be able to put any money towards the cost of the christmas night out.

Guest jenpercy
I'm sure everyones happy for them jayr, as happy as you can be towards a total strangers impending marriage anyway.

But if people are going to be losing income I think they are entitled to feel a bit peeved with it all.

As an unemployed person it doesnt affect me, but as Chair of playgroup it does, especially when I see how small our bank account is, if we lose funding for that day its about £170. I've already had to tell staff they wont get a christmas bonus this year and playgroup wont be able to put any money towards the cost of the christmas night out.

But if you lose funding for that day and it's a bank holiday, you won't be open will you, or are you paying staff for it? PerhaPS ask staff if tey want an extra day's paid hol, or include it in their existing hols and have the money at Christmas?