Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One For Those Of Us Of A Certain Age...

Cait

Dont remember watching the landings but I do remember there always seemed to be a rocket taking off.

I remember watching the FA cup final and how it was such a huge event, everone gathered round the tele no matter who was playing, my dad didnt even watch football but the FA cup was a must.

Southend pier.. more of a hike than a walk.. was lovely with all the kiosks and Cafes at the end.. many a happy day walking there and back or train one way if we were lucky..

Inge

I still have lots of family in Essex, and occasionally get down to Southend. Visiting my mum tomorrow, she had lived in Billericay for about 30 years but is now in Pitsea. We originally came from Barking, dad being one of the many workers at Fords.

I still have lots of family in Essex, and occasionally get down to Southend. Visiting my mum tomorrow, she had lived in Billericay for about 30 years but is now in Pitsea. We originally came from Barking, dad being one of the many workers at Fords.

I grew up in Enfield. Middx.. close to the border of Essex, Hertfordshire, could walk to all 3 ...Hence Southend being the closest for us.. Clacton occasionally had a look in but not very often!

Inge

Its unfortunately all coming back to me - remember Robbie the Robot and Lost in Space and the Land of the Giants - wow those special effects were something :o And what about watch with mother, andy pandy and tales of the river bank with hammy the hamster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what about watch with mother, andy pandy and tales of the river bank with hammy the hamster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooh! now you are talking!!

I vividly remember

Monday: Picture Book

Tuesday: Andy Pandy

Wednesday: Bill and Ben

Thursday: Rag Tag and Bobtail

Friday: The Wooden Tops

never a great fan of PInky and Perky though!!

loved Emergency Ward 10, Dixon of Dock Green, How!, Crackerjack,Magpie, Blue Peter, :oxD