Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Lost Count Of All The Hats Each Setting Should Have!

Safeguarding officer

Health and safety officer

CLLD Lead

SENCO

Is there a behaviour hat?

Which hats do you have?

ppp

Which hats do you have?

Yes, there's a behaviour hat. We don't have a CLLD lead. Our SENCo is called Inclusion Co-ordinator.

Don't forget chief cook and bottle washer's hat. Oh and the "can't do right for doing wrong" hat! :o

Maz

yes indeed - i am the behaviour rep! also in this borough senco is now inco to include ethnicity etc etc etc!!!

What about transition support? parent consultant? committee co-ordinator? executive gofer.... :(:(:( but i guess thats why we love the job always different every day! :oxD

we also have to have a looked after children officer

It is interesting to see the different requirements each LA places on settings, compared to what is required in the welfare requirements. I can imagine many settings will never have a looked after child, so I wonder how relevant this policy is in terms of the training necessary to fulfil a role that you might never have a need for?

On the other hand of course, when you are suddenly faced with the issues that surround looked after or fostered children at least you'll be well prepared!

Maz

Teacher in Charge of SSC (TIC)

INCO (we have them down south too :o )

Key Carer

LAC designated teacher

Member of SLT

Blimmee, never knew i had it in me!!!!!! No wonder we're all tired with all these differetn hats to wear. Being a woman though, do I know which one to put on when I get up in the morning???? xD

Where in the welfare requirements does it state the roles?

As per usual, it all differs from where you work.

Thanks for your help :o

yes indeed - i am the behaviour rep! also in this borough senco is now inco to include ethnicity etc etc etc!!!

What about transition support? parent consultant? committee co-ordinator? executive gofer.... :(:(:( but i guess thats why we love the job always different every day! :oxD

I mis-read this and thought it said "Executive golfer" which really is taking things a bit too far!!!

No, he's the man of the house who actually earns enough to belong to a golf club and doesn't work such ridiculous hours he can actually go and play, not do barmy, pointless paperwork!

If the list of roles we need to cover are in the welfare requirements, please could someone let me know the whereabouts? My paper copy is at work but if I can search for it online I will.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

If the list of roles we need to cover are in the welfare requirements, please could someone let me know the whereabouts?

I'm sure I have all this written in my sooper dooper new operational plan, together with page numbers etc - I'll have a look-see.

Maz

I'm sure I have all this written in my sooper dooper new operational plan, together with page numbers etc

Whoo I'm very impressed! I delegated mine to the new manager so she could get her head around the setting! Well that was my excuse. I still have the SEF though :o Do you have a person/hat to do that?

Do you have a person/hat to do that?

Can't you tell I'm wearing my very fetching SEF hat as we speak? It is purple (inevitably), full of feathers and sparkly pompoms and tied with a velvet ribbon with a huge bow. It also has orange sparkly pipe cleaners drooping down from the brim, with a bead threaded on the end.

I'm not so sure about the beads though - that might have been one decoration too far!

Maz

Right here is my trawl through the Operational Plan, as promised. Hopefully I haven't misssed anything - but please let me know if you spot a gap...

Page 22 - Safeguarding: there needs to be a a designated practitioner who leads on safeguardng issues

P26 - Equal Ops: there needs to be a SENCo (although interestingly this is in the statutory guidance part, not the specific legal requirements part)

P26 - Illness and injuries: there needs to be a designated first aider at each session and on an outing

P36 - Behaviour: there needs to be a named behaviour management lead practitioner

P32 - Staffing arrangements: there must be a named deputy able to take charge if necessary

Well those are the only ones I can find. :o I thought there would have been more!

Maz

Thanks from me too. I've printed that off for my replacement. Think she'll need to delegate a few of those until she's got her feet under the table, lol! :o

Page 22 - Safeguarding: there needs to be a a designated practitioner who leads on safeguardng issues

P26 - Equal Ops: there needs to be a SENCo (although interestingly this is in the statutory guidance part, not the specific legal requirements part)

P26 - Illness and injuries: there needs to be a designated first aider at each session and on an outing

P36 - Behaviour: there needs to be a named behaviour management lead practitioner

P32 - Staffing arrangements: there must be a named deputy able to take charge if necessary

Well those are the only ones I can find. xD I thought there would have been more!

Maz

Thanks, Maz, for that helpful list -I can use it to delegate responsibility.....

Safeguarding = ME!

Equal Ops = ME!

Illness and Injuries = ME!

Behaviour = ME!

Staffing Arrangements = ME!

That went well :o:(

Nona :(