Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Polling Station

Does anyone know what happens if your setting is used as a polling station and have to close for a day. Does that mean you need to open for an extra day at some other time in order to meet the number of grant funded days of opening?

Good question! One to which I don't know the anwer to, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who does! Makes sense that you would have to open an extra day at the end of or beginning of term, but as we are not "docked" by the LEA for snow days when we shut, your LEA may be as generous over the Polling Days.

We have to close for polling day but have often used that day for our annual trip. Our funding is given for number of weeks, not days so we have a bit of leeway.

ppp

Great idea to do a trip that day!

Our LEA continues to pay the grant even when we have to close for one day here and there, e.g. snow closures. We don't have to make up the time afterwards. It's not our fault we're a polling station!

We have to close, we don't charge parents and I don't pay staff. We still get the nursery education funding for funded children.

I will probably be at my post, poll clerking!

Am quite excited - haven't done a general election before so I'll be interested to see if the general level of apathy last time will prevail in May!

Maz

Our preschool is also used as a polling station, staff still get paid ( I do expect them to catch up with their paper work in there learning journey), we do not add in an extra day for funded children. Children that are non funded for that session do not have to pay for that day.

We are so lucky, we run from 2 rooms in our village hall so we carry on with the session in the bigger room while the small room is used for the polling station. We actually take the children in one by one to vote! we put a box in there and they vote on their fav colour or food etc then we empty it out and count the votes with them :)