Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Glut Of Names

Cait

Has anyone else got a lot of children with the same name this year - we usually get one or two but this year we have

3 Harveys and a Harley

2 Evies and an Aoife

2 Jacks

2 Lucys!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness for the odd Zak and Zara!!!!

Kyle is the new Wayne/Darren round here xD . I also used to dread Scott popping up on a class list.In class I tend to find names go in sound phases-lots of J's then another year ones that end with ie (Millie, Tillie, Billy) and the next year y endings (Milly, Tilly, Harry)

With my sewing business I can spot trends in names. Isabelle/Isabel/Isabella has been a common one recently so the popular year for this must be starting school and boys names are much more random and with varient spellings rather than a couple of popular names. I do wish there were more Bens and Sams as they are easier to sew!! :o

Also have a Ruby, Honey, Marley and Harley!!

must be a 'y' year. You'll end up talking in rhymes by the end of the year!! When you get a string like this always makes me think of 'Pass the Jam Jim'

Last year we had lots of children with J names and I just could not keep track of them at all. I started to sound like my grandma, going through all the names before I got a response!. Not so bad this term so far, but that might have something to do with the fact we have hardly any children at the moment :o

Isabelle

Izabelle

Ysabel

Ysabelle

Sophie

Selphie

Sofia

Aimee

Amy

Ame

Amie

My best a few years ago was

Jayley

Hayley

Chayley

Charlie

Charley

Edited by Guest

I think there was something similar a couple of years ago Beau. It lead to outrage amongst some parents who took the line that their children were being judged before they entered the school.

My childrens names dont appear on the lists but it does say "More than a third also claimed that the naughtiest children are often the brightest - and the most sensitive." So thats my youngest taken care of!

The lists for last years names have just been released, so expect a lot of these in the next couple of years! :o

1 JACK

2 OLIVER

3 THOMAS

4 HARRY

5 JOSHUA

6 ALFIE

7 CHARLIE

8 DANIEL

9 JAMES

10 WILLIAM

1 OLIVIA

2 RUBY

3 EMILY

4 GRACE

5 JESSICA

6 CHLOE

7 SOPHIE

8 LILY

9 AMELIA

10 EVIE

Last year 2 x Luca

and Haydn and Hayden

Also v. confusing one child with surname Leah immediately followed by a Leah in register for first name :o

Have had lots of fun with names over the years inc. a Kenyana and Jaleesa.

Staff team have nightmares when labelling work to make sure goes out correct!

How times have changed though when I was at school there were 9 Sue's in my class - haven't seen too many of those around until I came on here xD