Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Competition Suggestions

Beau

As you may know, I've been running the competitions since the end of last year. I try to vary the type of competitions we run so that there is something for everyone at some point. Inge came up with the suggestion for last months competition which got me thinking that perhaps a few more of you might have good ideas for future competitions. If so, I would love for you to share them with me and where possible I will endeavour to include them sometime.

So don't be shy! Any suggestions anyone? :o

have you had a limerick competition or what about one of those that i can never do my first is in ....but not in ..... or is it possible to do one where clues are left on different parts of site and need to solve one clue to move onto next as the first clue will tell you where next clue is - sorry dont know if that will work i am not that up on computers x

How about naming favourite nursery rhymes/traditional tale/children's classics from criptic clues?

Feeling small and angry I went to see my mothers mother but she was feeling shut in.

Edited by Guest

I quite enjoy writing limericks...oh, hang on a minute, we did that one... :o

Anagrams are good fun, broad-based general knowledge quizzes are always a winner. How about name the football team from the nickname/name of ground etc? No, oh, OK then...

Not much of a fan of these funny picture quiz things - I guess that says something about my learning style!

love the photo caption idea. and quizzes always a good one... I like the ones where you answer in the thread... over a period of a weekend or a day.. with on the spot prizes during the thread..

Inge

I'm sure mundia will be organising something for Children in Need again this year with lots of goodies to be given out. :o

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just bumping this up again to see if anyone has any more ideas! I'll be doing a quiz this month but between visitors, back to school, starting new job and first aid course I haven't had much free time this week! :o

Most everyone watches TV, right? Well, those that get their paperwork done in time do!! :o

How about a quiz to do with TV then.

Guess the TV show.

Guess the Soap.

Which actor plays that character.

What city is ER/House/Simpsons, etc etc based.

Still thinking! xD (No that's not a TV show)

What about the one that goes along the lines of

8 t on an o = ?

(Eight tentacles on an octopus)

I had one ages ago with nursery rhymes

Yes, that's a good one. I remember a quiz of nursery rhymes which had only the initial letters of each word. Too easy for people in our profession I hear you say.....but my team of work colleagues struggled with several of the answers.

Might be a good one! :o