Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling A Bit Pleased With Myself

catma

Not one to often boast but I am quite pleased about this!

Just got the email to say that I am now a fully registered QCA moderator for eyfsp!! :o

It was a rather grueling 2 day process where you work in groups and an assessor does narrative observations of the individuals in the group whilst you tackle the tasks, so they are looking for leadership, empathy etc etc etc. If anyone ever tells me they haven't got the time for narratives I'll just laugh after watching the assessors who were doing at least 4 simultaneously!!!!

I do now understand why the people on the apprentice act like complete burks - your mind is full of: am I listening actively enough, am I being too quiet, oh hell I'm now being too bossy, damn I wanted to say that, I want to do the writing, I really don't think it should be laid out like that but I'd better show I can compromise, all the time trying to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and understanding of the EYFSP, processes and skills needed to be a moderator (Oh yes there is a job description!!)..............it was exhausting!!!!

Anyway - I am now accredited and very pleased with myself!

Cxx

Wow! Well done Catma, that's really exciting! Sounds like a crazy assessment procedure - maybe you should go on The Apprentice as your next step!! So what do you actually get to do now - what kind of moderating, as I think I understood that you moderated profiles in schools etc before? Clearly I don't know enough about the whole process!

Well done catma. You must feel really great and you deserve the recognition. I feel so reassured by your contribution on here.

Hmm 'the apprentice' well Alan Sugar eat your heart out, the EY's people would knock spots off those on that programme! Although I know where you are coming from with your comments catma. I have often thought that is it was a team of EY's people, with lots of imagination and common sense, then we would show him just what's what. :o

Well done Catma, good when you've got soemthing to be really chuffed about. Two of my colleagues have just been throuhg this process too and they said much the same as you. I think we all know we are in good hands when it comes to the EYFSP.

Many congratulations, catma!

Your settings are lucky to have a moderator with such great knowledge and philosophies about the early years - as are we to be able to benefit from your great good wit and wisdom!

Maz

Well done Catma, know just what you mean went through the whole gruelling process myself recently - got the letter to say I was now accredited last week and felt as though I just successfully climbed Everest!!