Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Time To Say Goodbye And Thank You

I just thought that I would write and say that when my membership runs out on Thursday I wont be renewing.

I've decided that despite being a member since 2003, my time on the FSF, at least for now, is over.

I no longer teach in the FS, despite working with children who are developmentally in the EYFS and I just don't feel the forum is right for me anymore. The shift away from teachers to all the other settings and not working in mainstream means I have so little to say anymore.

Just thought I'd say bye and thanks to all those who have supported me through happy and some very sad and difficult times both personally and at work.

If anyone wants to keep in touch and doesn't have my email address do drop me a message before Thursday.

Thanks,

Nichola

xx

Oh Nichola, how sad! I'll really miss your words of advice. I understand why you feel you need to move on - is there a similar forum for you for ongoing support? If not can Steve do you one?

oh nicola that is so sad ... i am so sorry- but totally understand (am thinking the same!!!!) do take care hun - as others have said your support and info have been invaluable.

good luck for the future, take care.... :oxD

Sorry to hear you are not renewing your membership, your knowledge of special needs has been so useful to me in the past and so I'd like to say 'thank you' to you too. xD

Having spent 20+ yrs in 'the business' I still can't resist reading up on what's going on even though I don't contribute to 'preschool' stuff since closing my setting in 2007.

I'd like to ask you to reconsider, this is a great place to be even if 'work' is not the main focus. But as Chill says, this is a time of beginnings and endings, so I do understand your decision.

Best wishes for the future, and hopefully you'll get a dose of severe withdrawal symptoms and come back some day soon. :o

Peggy

Wow, thanks everyone, I never expected so many replies and certainly not so quickly.

I've been thinking about this decision for some months now. I've felt less and less part of the forum over the last couple of years. I've been going through my old posts and looking at how my life and the forum has changed. I often feel my posts get lost and I know I certainly feel like I hardly ever see posts I can contribute to as I have no idea about things like EYPS and all the goings on.

Who knows I may come back at some point but £20 when I'm trying to be good and save money just seems a lot for mostly social postings, who knows I may be wrong and be back by September.

Thank you everyone, I'm rather hormonal at the mo and it has brought tears to my eyes.

Nichola, you don't need to know about EYFS, what's good is that YOU know about children. :o

Can you not get an LEA subscription for free?

Peggy

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Just wanted to add my best wishes and say thanks for all your informative posts and good luck for the future, and hurry back sometime soon!

Sorry to hear that you are leaving Nicola, but I can appreciate where you are coming from.

I have enjoyed reading your posts and wish you all the best in the future.

And if you do change your mind, let us know, it will be good to virtually see you!! :o

All the best

Siobhain

sad to see you go Nichola!!as I said in Chat such a shame!!you really gave me insight into what Special Education is like!!Join the FSF Forum if you are on Facebook!

All the best

Maria x

Hi Nich,

Like others, I understand your reasons and will be sorry to see you leave the FSF. However, we'll still keep in touch through msn, won't we - there's a little matter of a certain show still 'hanging about', I believe??!

Take care and all the very best for the future

Sue xx

Oh, Nichola! What a sad notice :o Your posts were always very helpful and I will surely miss them, but I would like to keep in contact. I have had some children with special needs and your advice would be welcome. Take care and I wish you all the best.

Hugs,

SmileyPR

Totally understand why you are going and have not been so active myself lately due to much the same reasons. My LEA pay for me to be on so I have stayed but sometimes just a break away does you good. I a probably the only person in the world without a facebook account........mmmmm

Good luck. I have enjoyed your posts. I am hormonal too lately really badly and had a horrible week last week to my manager having swine flu and the problems it caused.

Hello Nichola, I can only echo what the others have said already, so sorry to see you leaving the forum but understand your decision to do so.

Your contributions have been well valued by members here, as they have said. You have an experience in special schools that most of us don't and a number of people here have been supported by your advice.

Take care and do keep in touch.