Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Guess What?!

I got it! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r::o:( :( :(

I am really made up!!

Intreview went well. At the end the chair ( a lovely home husband man :ph34r: ) said what hours would i be intrested in. I said as many as they could offer me!! Then told him situation with sainsburys etc and that would love to give it up but to do that would need min of 17 hrs (which I thought was really doubtful). He then said they were looking for 2 staff members and that there was about 50 hrs going. The hours are 8.30 til 1.30 and then afternoons upto 4pm. I said could do early as son could get into before school club no problem. However, would struggle for after school club place as I have previously looked at this and they are full ( only one in the village to pick up from school and no childminders either!). They then asked me what time son finished school (3.30). After this I then said that even if they offered me a couple of mornings I would do it (along with sainsburys and other pre-school) as thought the place was fab and wanted the exprience of working there (didnt sound desperate honest). When they said anymore questions, I said no and he said did i not want to know the wage, I said didnt care as just wanted job there!! :wacko: xD :rolleyes: In actual fact it is more than what i am on now, and he said once i am qualified could go up.

From my time with them last month i got a really good feel for the place, supervisor, team and chair. Its quite big, 40 kids in the morning, less in the afternoons (just started doing this) and plenty of staff! He said finances have never been better, buying new equipmnt for outside, investing in staff training. Chair tends to be there for the long term (already been there a year) as he has one child there, a baby and he says they want another.

Its got 2 huge rooms which they have all to themslevs in a secondary school so no packing everything away and a huge outside area, office......bliss...

When I asked him when would i find out he said they would make a decision today as last day of intrviews but that it woud be the working out the hours that may take time so next Tues :ph34r:

Anyway hubby took call last night (i was at work) . Chair said he knew I would want to know asap but they woud like to offer me a job.....minimum of 25 hour (8.30 til 1.30 every day) with the hope of twisting my arm to do some more :ph34r: :unsure: ;)xD:ph34r: He says he will call me today to try and sort it out.

So came home at 10.15pm and a couple of glasses of champagne (hubby got for his birthday last month!) and now so exicited I cant sleep!

Wooohoooooooo!

Thanks all.....nope...not back down to earth yet!

Jut got hour to finalise now. Definately 5 mornings per week and h has askd if thre i any chanc I can do 1-2 aftrnoons pr week alo. So going to have to check out after school club to see. He says he is writing to me and will get m in soon to view contract tc. Apparently 4 went for intrview and me and another have been taken on. He says he is ovrstaffing for ept a aftr half trm number go up, He yas it will give us a chance to settle in etc. Plus he says they are normally over staffed anyway as they count one member of staff for going to toilets etc etc....somebody pinch me please!!

Think my supervisor has guessed as all i said was the interview went well. Its not her fault or my current committee .....they just cant offer me any more hours.

Still got beaming smile on my face!

Well done!

I am hoping for a new job soon and then that will be 2 of us with new jobs. :o

I am not sure why I am not getting one BUT I keep getting told:

"you did an good/very good/excellent but you didn't get the job due to a 'strong field, good luck blah"

I have 3 interviews so far for next week, hoping for one of them.

Beth

I apologise now for my second reply and the typos :(xD:o It wasnt after effects of the bubbly or text speak (altho looks like it!)...my keyboard eeee and sssss dont work so well so really have to check posts and i didnt that one :(

Keep trying Beth!