Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Visit

korkycat

Well, we've been expecting this - it's 1 week short of three years since our last inspection. Mrs O arrived this morning and I received a call from my Deputy at 9.30 ( I don't work Monday am). I'd just got out of the bath (at camp all weekend with Cubs) so had to rush down to setting as we need all staff for ratios.

She was really lovely and was happy to read what we had done of our SEF from computer and remarked that it was easy to read which was very helpful (bullet points) and how we had talked about what the children did.

She talked to all staff in morning and the children too - we even had a terrible 2 tantrum and the children (bless them) were really lovely to the child concerned even offering a big cuddle and telling them that their snack would get cold - it was breadstick,raisins and cucumber!

Anyway we are all pleased with ourselves and can relax over the summer. This time I will be writing to compliment our Inspector for making it so relaxed for us - I've had several bad experiences and made a formal complaint before!

I've now got plenty of time to finish the SEF and will post it when it is complete.

korkycat

congratulations Korkycat - we are expecting the knock anyday - to be honest I am counting down the days till we finish in the hope that it will be in Sept. - 3 years since the last one - but having that dreaded feeling in pit of stomach that Mrs. O may well think otherwise!

congratulations Korkycat - we are expecting the knock anyday - to be honest I am counting down the days till we finish in the hope that it will be in Sept. - 3 years since the last one - but having that dreaded feeling in pit of stomach that Mrs. O may well think otherwise!

I will keep everything crossed for you Panders ....... I am quite surprised that they are visiting 'term-time' only settings this late in the school year - could be on 'outings' or having end of term celebrations etc.

Maybe Korkycat is not 'term-time' only?

Sunnyday

DOn't forget to let us all know how you got on and well done, we are expecting them any day at one site, we have just had one at another and know they are prowling! xD:(:o

Edited by Guest

Congratulations Korkycat.......glad you can now relax and that the inspector was 'human'. We had a lovely one too on our last inspection, it made everything very smooth and easy.

Do let us know the outcome when you can. Relax and enjoy the rest of term now. :o

Glad its over for you. Mrs O arrived at ours at 9.00am this morning. I do not work there on a Mon/Tue so sitting here feeling sick to learn outcome

Guest colechin

Congratulations.

We are well overdue, it was over 4years ago that we were last inspected. I have even phoned and chased them.

My advisor did inform me that they could be waiting until the school is inspected (should be after November) and then they will inspect us. It's a new policy that if you rent a room or building from a school and are on the school site then you will be automatically inspected with the school.

I was amazed when I found this out, as I thought it was only LEA Nurseries/Pre Schools that would be with a schools inspection.

I am holding parents meetings with the leavers and passing over all their profile books and transition reports. I have asked a couple of parents if I could hold on to their childs books to show Ofsted just in case they turn up.

Has anyone had an inspection during the last week of the summer term? Should I still be doing the planning for the last week?

we had ofsted turn up last friday - was lovely lady - made it all soo relaxing - we had feed back and had outstanding in two areas and good ( small things to do to make us outstanding) in the other three areas - sorry cant remember what they were - just happy it was all good news.

can relax now and think about what we need to do to get the other areas outstanding

Well I really wish our (hopefully) nice lady or man would turn up. In September it will be 4 years since our last inspection! Feels like we have been on tenterhooks the whole year. I too have phoned them and chased them. Next week is last week of term and I would much rather them come now then in September . . . Hey ho, maybe tomorrow!

Congratulations korkycat and blondie.

It is also really nice and refreshing to read about positive Inspection experiences. :o

Peggy

Thought we could all do with more good news - we were inspected two weeks ago and the inspector was also lovely. Very thorough, very professional but nice with it. What a change from last time! There seems to have been a change in Mrs O.

Caro

A word of warning to you all who think Ofsted won't turn up at end of term...I thought the same, but, ours arrived today, and tomorrow is our last day of term!!! Will post again after feedback tomorrow. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for us!!

A word of warning to you all who think Ofsted won't turn up at end of term...I thought the same, but, ours arrived today, and tomorrow is our last day of term!!! Will post again after feedback tomorrow. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for us!!

Everythings crossed!

Sunnyday

congratulations to all who have got through theirs.

Mine isn't due till January but I had an anxiety dream about being inspected last night - the inspector told me my house was too messy (i'm a childminder) and when I spoke spanish to one of my children (home language is spanish) she told me my accent wasn't good enough and then gave me inadequate - oh dear, well I can only go up from that i hope :o:(xD:(