Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Missing Jigsaw Pieces

jennyjenkinz

hello, i have been going through out puzzles this week and have noticed we have a lot with 1 or 2 pieces missing...i'm sure this is a problem that we all share...you know, children putting little things in their little pockets and going home with them and then they just get lost. So I thought that perhaps I would photograph the puzzles I have with missing pieces to see if anyone has a spare, and also to offer incomplete puzzles as spares for others...what do you think?

It doesn't work! I bought an incomplete one in a car boot sale same as one we had and the pieces are very slightly different so they don't work - now I have 2 incomplete tractor floor puzzles!

Oh the memories :wacko:

When I had my preschool we used to have this problem (as I am sure every other EY setting does in the whole country :(

We were a pack away group so what we decided to do was to hang one of those plastic shoe holders on the inside of the cupboard door, we used the pockets to put any odd pieces of jigsaw, board games, dice, counters etc (oh and little girls pony tail bands :(:( ). So if we found that a puzzle piece was missing the children knew to go look in the plastic pockets, worked most of the time but not always. :o Every Friday one of the staff had the job of finding all the 'homes' for the 'odd & ends' . xD

Peggy

It doesn't work! I bought an incomplete one in a car boot sale same as one we had and the pieces are very slightly different so they don't work - now I have 2 incomplete tractor floor puzzles!

I work in two settings and managed to get a two jigsaws together for a reunion but the match wasnt perfect (there was a big age gap!) the colour and pictures where slightly off

It's not only jigsaws - what about those lovely wall hangings with little fabric toys attached with velcro or in pockets? I've often wished there was a 'spare parts' site!

It's not only jigsaws - what about those lovely wall hangings with little fabric toys attached with velcro or in pockets? I've often wished there was a 'spare parts' site!

In fact, when you come to think of it there are numerous resources and equipment which suffer from lost bits etc. I love the idea of a missing pieces swap shop! :o

I'm sure someone on here posted about that very thing a few weeks ago Weightman - but can't remember whether (was it Rea? :o ) had spare bits or needed them...

Maz

I have a 'reunited' puzzle at work. We had two the same and one was a bit tatty and the other had a piece missing, so we made one good one and through the other out. The piece dosen't fit properly but with a good bag of the fist, it does the job!! :o

I have often been lucky enough to be able to colour photocopy missing pieces from a box lid and make up pieces for a lotto match game or something similar, but I so often do the charity shop rounds or school fetes and find "extras" to make a whole. Trouble is storing some of the items until that special day when you can say "Ah - I think I might have one of those!!"