Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Mothering Sunday!

dublinbay

To all the mothers out there........enjoy this special mothering sunday day.

I lost my mum nearly five years ago and my mother-in-law passed away just last Christmas. I have lovely memories of my mum who scrimped and saved to give me and my sisters & brother the best childhood you can ever imagine. My lovely memories of this wonderful woman are what I think about all the time not just on days like today.

But today is a celebration of mothering and we mustn't forget that those of us who are mums should be celebrated too. Go on.....give yourselves a huge pat on the back. We don't always get it right (lost the parenting manual years ago!!!) but we do try and sometimes it even works!

Enjoy your day everyone, hopefully with your feet up and a bit of whatever you fancy being served all day.

Me..........I've got an assignment to finish and in the post tomorrow.......oh joy!!!! :o

I'm putting it on the back burner this year as its my daughters 12th Birthday and its not fair to take the shine off for her.The last time it was Mothering Suday on her birthday its was her 1st birthday and she was Christened in the morning service-so many special memoires of my baby.However my elder daughter has brought me a cup of coffee and a bacon sandwich while I'm at the PC WITHOUT any prompting :o She's also fished a birthday card out of my stash and altered the wording as she'd not bought a card. I've told her that it means more thats she's thought about the wording and altered it to say what she wants to say than buying one xD

I hope its a stress free day to all mothers out there.

Have a lovely day everyone. Thank you for sharing your lovely memories and thoughts with us dublinbay.

I saw my 94 year old mum yesterday and we took flowers and cards. Today I am feeding my family after they come and help put up a new fence. Apparently I'm scarifying the lawn whilst the heavy work gets done! Church this morning though, so I'll be given some daffodils. :o

My son also christened on Mothering Sunday... so a memorable day

and is coming home this evening .. luck.... not judged timing I might add.. (his location depends on his work)

Me? I'm taking my car to the garage to have brakes done!!

Have a good day everyone and enjoy

Inge

Me? I'm taking my car to the garage to have brakes done!!

made me smile Inge xD It's glamourous being a mother isn't it !!!

Apparently I'm scarifying the lawn whilst the heavy work gets done!

That's REALLY hard work :( I'd suggest you hold the post while the cement sets and then you can overview the work if I was you :o

Edited by Guest

I've just been given 2 boxes of chocolates, because he couldnt remember which ones I liked best, some flowers and a most unexpected hug. That made me smile most.

I really feel for Jade Goody's family, today of all days. :(

Have a happy day everyone :oxD

One of my daughters is at uni, the other one on holiday with friends, mother-in-law has decided to go out with some neighbours for lunch, so I'm just cooking a nice roast for me, my mum and hubby.

Not the best mothering Sunday, but I'll feel happier after a couple of phone call...hopefully sometime before night falls :o

Happy Mothering Sunday to all.

jackie.

Yes also for Jade, there has to be empathy for her boys who will remember on every Mothering Sunday from now on that they lost her today - of all days. So they get a double whammy, 22nd March every year, and Mothering Sunday.

Don't forget to watch the mom song today MOM

My daughter left me beautiful flowers yesterday (she had to go back home so isnt here today). She also said I can now tell everyone Im going to be a granny!!!

Me? Im in the garden so have a lovely day all the mums here

I will be spending my Mothers Day lunch with my son, mum and dad and then after lunch we are going up to the hospital to see Martin. Have bought her a big bunch of flowers which she will tut at and say "What did you do that for?? You shouldn't have wasted your money!!" but she says that every year and then takes ages arranging the flowers and puts them where everyone can see them!! :(

Martin rang me this morning just before 9am to wish me a Happy Mothers Day and apologised for not getting me a card from James! Told him not to worry as James had made me one in school, which I got yesterday as he couldnt hang on to it any longer! :o

And then as I am reading through these posts James came over and gave me a hug and a kiss and said they were to give to my mum and then gave me another big hug and kiss and said that they were for me and that I wasn't allowed to give them to anybody else. :( He also said that these hugs were from "A wee something from your precious wee son"!! Nothing like blowing your own trumpet!! xD

I have been thinking about Jade Goody this morning and my heart goes out to her boys. I also think about her mum, loosing her daughter on Mothers Day. As Cait has said it will be always be another painful reminder of someone who they loved and lost.

My sister-in-law buried her own mum on Mothers Day six years ago and today is a day when I think about her as well. As she became a mother herself just over a year ago, I know that some of the pain and hurt that this day brings to her, is now mingled with the joy she now feels being a mum herself.

Anyway to all you mums out there, have a great day whatever you are all doing! Oh and here's some love

:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;):ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

She also said I can now tell everyone Im going to be a granny!

Wow!! Congratulations to granny and mum!! :o

must have missed this when I was typing my own post!!

well I had my phone calls, and my youngest one asked me if I'd open a package that had come for her from kodak to check it was ok.

When I opened it it was a book which said happy mother's day with a photo of me!

She'd had a book made with photos of the four of us. A lovely surprise and something I'll keep forever, along with all the other things they have made over the years.

Don't you just love your kids,

jackie.

happy mothers day to everyone and especially mundia the granny to be. i lost my mum just over a year ago and it is a very hard day - last year i think i was still in shock on this day as it was so unexpected - but this year is more poignant - i am taking daffodils to her grave later - they were always her favourite and she loved it when she saw the first ones.

anyway - have a lovely day everyone - make the most of any cossetting you get - it will be back to normal tomorrow.x

my 16 year old son promised me breakfast in bed but at 12.45 he had still not got up!!!!I took him a drink up at 1.00 and he said oh i was just going to make you one mum!! I eventually got my breakfast/lunch at 1.30( sausage that was quite pink in the middle,scrambled eggs with shell added for extra taste and burnt bacon)But of course its the thought that counts and i got a card and chocolates which he proudly told me he had got for half price!!!

happy mothers day to every one from me too! i agree its so sad about jade and her poor boys, today of all days.

baby son made me a card at nursery but didnt want to give me it!! decided to try to eat it! (was a yellow handprint dafodil with green tissue paper stalk)then he pulled the stalk off and eat it - lovely green teeth and mouth!! not much left of it to put in his memory box!!(was also dads birthday yesterday so i think he was a bit bemused by allthe cards and just wanted to play with them)

15 year old slept out so i never got a card till 4pm!! my 24year old turned up with wine and chocolates (theres my diet gone!!)and its her sons 4th birthday tomorrow so he was just interestesdin going to toys rus for his bike!! said his uncle was boring cos he cant play football!! (hes only 17 month!) inbetween i popped to my mums whos 70 but has a better social life than me ! so a mad day all round

Guest MaryEMac

Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday.

My daughter bought me flowers, a lovely bone china mug and a trowel and fork with handles painted with flowers. My husband took me out for the afternoon and we stopped at my son's on way back. They gave me a moth orchid and a garden radio (it's a gnome pushing a wheelbarrow). I bathed my granddaughter and then we cuddled up on the sofa and she was all warm and cuddly.

The best present was when we got home, my lovely daughter had hoovered,dusted, tidied and washed floors in all downstairs rooms. When I told her that it was the best present she said " I could have saved my money!".

Congratulations Mundia (and to your daughter).

Mary

our son arrived here with a smile and a happy face.. as always pleased to see us..

got chocolates today he has been away at work ? reason or excuse? ( but don't tell him i don't like chocolate.. even worse with flowers though .. hay fever !)

tonight I went to go to bed only to find him and his dad in our bed watching a dvd

perhaps it is called male bonding...

oh well I have more contact via Skype than his dad does and dad has been in Hosp. so will wait for a while before ejecting son from my bed! :o

back to chick flick for a while.. oh and those mice...

inge