Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Easter

blondie

Easter Bonnets... can just be a plate decorated and ribbon ( we used the ribbon from wrapping presents) to hold it on....

Easter plates.... not wanting to make the hat they decorated a plate for display on wall

Both free choice of what ot put on etc....

Easter bonnet biscuits...rich tea or round biscuit with a marshmallow stuck in with water ice and decorated with flowers or other cake decorating bits.....

Childs eye media do a dvd which includes Easter festivals 2 and includes a bit on Shrove Tuesday.

Inge

Edited by Inge

We have an 'Easter Egg Hunt' - all good fun and parent involving too!

The 'Easter Bunny' - a.k.a. 'me' - hides little eggs (outside)

The children clutching their baskets that they have made at pre-school and accompanied by parents/grandparents/carers 'search' for the eggs.

Hope this helps

sunnyday

thanks for all the quick replies has given me lots of ideas - have problem with the easter bunny hiding chocolate eggs as we have two children with severe allergies one to chocolate and another to colourings ( poor things - will have to eat all the eggs myself)

Easter 2007 I had a Bunny outfit and we enjoyed a whole morning Easter egg hunting around the local town. The shops, the park, races and other local 'hot spots'. We had previously hid the eggs and each child had a map to follow with 'X' marks the spot, and a bag they had previously made to stash, oops I mean to collect their eggs in :(

Great fun had by all, especially me as the Bunny :( The locals enjoyed it too seeing the children have so much fun (not sure about the OAP in the bus shelter though :o ). We ended the morning back at preschool and each child had a photo taken with the 'Easter Bunny' which I then used to make a card for each family. I've been dying for an excuse to share my photo's so here they are. :rolleyes: :wacko: Only a few realised the Bunny was me, deduced by recognising my feet. xDxD :unsure:

The children also (on another day) made cards with their 'life' drawings of a daffodil, which I thought were very good. :(

Peggy

p.s. I still have the costume so if anyone would like to borrow it for this year (and can collect it - I'm in East Kent) just send me a PM ;)

post-3604-1235064787_thumb.png

post-3604-1235064927_thumb.png

post-3604-1235064953_thumb.png

post-3604-1235065056_thumb.png

post-3604-1235065079_thumb.png

post-3604-1235065118_thumb.png

post-3604-1235065139_thumb.png

post-3604-1235065156_thumb.png

We have an 'Easter Egg Hunt' - all good fun and parent involving too!

The 'Easter Bunny' - a.k.a. 'me' - hides little eggs (outside)

The children clutching their baskets that they have made at pre-school and accompanied by parents/grandparents/carers 'search' for the eggs.

Hope this helps

sunnyday

how does your easter egg hunt work i can see the more confident chidren getting all the eggs do you have a limit.#

angela

how does your easter egg hunt work i can see the more confident chidren getting all the eggs do you have a limit.#

angela

Yes you're right that does happen sometimes - I always keep a few back to 'top up' sparse baskets! And of course some parents are extremely good at explaining to their children that they need to share some of their eggs with other children who haven't managed to find many.

We organise our 'egg hunt' differently - we set a series of skills challenges and give each child a 'passport' which parents sign as their children complete each challenge. Once they've done everything, they come and show me their completed passport and collect their goodie bag. :o

Maz

• 3 weeks later...
hi just trying to get ahead with my planning and trying to think of new ideas for easter - we do the usual card but would love new ideas for things to make and ideas for activities

hi just a idea we are thinking off ,we are making easter eggs out of balloons and paper mache and then children can paint them and then make a little hole at the top and put chocolate in

hi just a idea we are thinking off ,we are making easter eggs out of balloons and paper mache and then children can paint them and then make a little hole at the top and put chocolate in

Give yourselves plenty of time - we did this the year before last and they need LOADS of coats of paper and glue to make them strong enough to hold things - so you need to allow plenty of time for the layers to dry. It's labour intensive - so I'd start now if I were you!

Just spent a happy 1/2 hour trolling around our nearest Tesco's extra store. Was looking for play sand but they don't have that til after easter. They did have flowery 'leeah's or those hawaiian necklaces, 10 for £3. I thought if I took them apart the flowers would be great for cards, easter baskets etc. On the way out I picked up the Tesco mag and its got a good recipe for easter biscuits and a cute little basket to put them in too!

Just spent a happy 1/2 hour trolling around our nearest Tesco's extra store. Was looking for play sand but they don't have that til after easter. They did have flowery 'leeah's or those hawaiian necklaces, 10 for £3. I thought if I took them apart the flowers would be great for cards, easter baskets etc. On the way out I picked up the Tesco mag and its got a good recipe for easter biscuits and a cute little basket to put them in too!

Great tips - thanks!

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)