I recieved this in an email today :o

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous). And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

I have just tried it and it works!!!!!!!!! :(xD:(:(

I recieved this in an email today :o

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons cocoa

1 egg

3 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons oil

3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)

a small splash of vanilla extract

1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous). And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

I have just tried it and it works!!!!!!!!! :(xD:(:(

very dangerous to the waist line!!! and sounds addictive! if i had the ingredients in i would try it right now!!!

When I received (just noticed I spelt this incorrectly in my original message but can't be bothered to edit!) the email I thought it was some kind of spoof/joke and had visions of chocolate goo splattering around the microwave! It did exactly what the recipe says, rose above the mug and I was waiting for it to go 'splat' but it didn't. I waited about a minute after it was done, ran a knife round the mug and hey presto a 'tower' of a chocolate landed on the plate :(

Suffice to say it's no longer on the plate :oxD:(:(

Just finishing my scrummy chocolate cake ! Sorry I didn't share it, too good !

I think I'm going to do this with my pre-schoolers next week as we only have a microwave to cook with and this is an ideal recipe to see changes.

We have made dough before but Chocolate cake is much more interesting and exciting !

Thanks for the recipe !

MCx

Cait stop please!!

Mouth is watering reading that!!! :o

I love lemon drizzle cakes, the healthy eating ones out of tesco are good, especially if they are really sticky and moist. Sometimes you can lift a bad pack and they are as dry as a bone!!

think Paul O Grady has been reading this.. xD

Don't normally watch this - but I saw it too! And Jimmy Osmond encouraging him to have a food fight! Wonder if anyone's claim to fame will now be that Jimmy Osmond threw sponge fingers at them! :o

Don't normally watch this - but I saw it too! And Jimmy Osmond encouraging him to have a food fight! Wonder if anyone's claim to fame will now be that Jimmy Osmond threw sponge fingers at them! :o

must admit to food fights being a big pet hate of mine..cannot see why and dislike the waste, (never mind the mess)

Inge

must admit to food fights being a big pet hate of mine..cannot see why and dislike the waste, (never mind the mess)

Inge

same here - I've just never understood them!

Went to a village do once - a table of teachers all had food-fight... no thought to the people that had to clear the hall,

xxx