Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Omg Guess Who Turned Up This Morning

mrsbat

Yep, ofsted turned up this morning :o it was awful, we were all soooooo nervous :( I took over in January and i'm in the process of getting us to where we should be but the previous supervisor had a lot of things in place that shouldn't have been, and vice versa and every single one of these things was picked up on xD I explained i've only known about the job for 4 weeks and it has been impossible for me to change everything in that time but she didn't seem interested :(

Anyway she is coming back again for about an hour tomorrow because she wants to see us over lunchtime, then she is coming to feedback on friday after the session finishes.

The parents were excellent, some came in and spoke to her, and they all hugged me at school etc lol, I will be happy if we get satisfactory across the board to be honest, i'll be devastated if we get any unsatisfactory's or whatever it's called though :(

Oh MrsBat, how dreadful, sounds like you've had a very unsympathetic one! Hope she sees sense overnight and is in a more receptive frame of mind tomorrow. Show her what you are working on, and she must see that you mean business! Did you have your SEF done?

Oh MrsBat, how dreadful, sounds like you've had a very unsympathetic one! Hope she sees sense overnight and is in a more receptive frame of mind tomorrow. Show her what you are working on, and she must see that you mean business! Did you have your SEF done?

She has taken the operational plan home tonight to look at and that has details of the sef and action plan in, it also has all the responses from the parent questionnaire in it as well so she will see what we will be/have changed.

Yes, thankfully i finally got the ofsted token last week and did the sef, she was very impressed with it as well lol

Yep, ofsted turned up this morning :o it was awful, we were all soooooo nervous :( I took over in January and i'm in the process of getting us to where we should be but the previous supervisor had a lot of things in place that shouldn't have been, and vice versa and every single one of these things was picked up on xD I explained i've only known about the job for 4 weeks and it has been impossible for me to change everything in that time but she didn't seem interested :(

Anyway she is coming back again for about an hour tomorrow because she wants to see us over lunchtime, then she is coming to feedback on friday after the session finishes.

The parents were excellent, some came in and spoke to her, and they all hugged me at school etc lol, I will be happy if we get satisfactory across the board to be honest, i'll be devastated if we get any unsatisfactory's or whatever it's called though :(

You must be exhausted.

Don't be despondent! As someone in a new role she will have seen your energy and passion and may well include these fantastic attributes in her final report. Try not to be nervous! When you sit down with her tell her carefully your vision - and the changes you have made so far and why. She has seen the legacy of the previous supervisor and you may well be graded down on some of that - but your creativity, your drive, your plans to put fresh ideas into practice might swing things more favourably. Hope things go well over lunch tomorrow. Best of luck!

Fingertips

mrsbat I know just how you feel - at my post-registration inspection I was a bag of nerves. It seemed to me that I went to pieces whenever the inspector came within six feet of me!

I had the impression - rightly or wrongly - that she was only ever going to give us a 'satisfactory' and although I was grateful she didn't close us down on the spot (I really did feel I had a dreadful inspection! :o ), with hindsight I know that I could have handled it better. fingertips has given some excellent advice - I hope you can show the inspector how big your plans are and that your operational plan and the SEF will swing it for you.

Good luck - and make sure you come and let us know how things went!

Maz

Good luck mrsbat, I am sure you will be great! I think you should show the ofsted inspector the list of things you achieved over the Christmas holidays, you are obviously very capable and devoted to the job. mrsW

im sure you will be fine Mrs Bat!! you have obviously put in more than a 100% and reading your posts have done tons of research and shows lots of dedication- im sure your sef will play a big part towards sucsess lots of luckxx

Thanks all for your good wishes.

well she was back for another 4 hours today, she was going to come back tomorrow to give us feedback as she didn't want to stay all session - I was very brave and said it is unfair on the staff to have another night worrying about it can she stay for the session then talk to us afterwards xD which she did.

And we did far better than I hoped for. I was hoping for all satisfactories but we only got 3 and the rest were .......I don't think i'm allowed to tell you :(

All the parents really came through as well, she said she had never been anywhere where all the parents she poske to were so positive about their supervisor :o at which point I burst into tears :(

What a fantastic relief for you! Were the 'satisfactories' things that you agreed with? Were they areas you had already earmarked for improvement?

yes they definately were things she knew we were in the process of changing. One of them was the assesment and planning and I can't remember the others lol :o

Well done hope you can relax and feel proud of yourself and your team tonight. Only one more day until the weekend and then find some time for you because it's very hard to go through this process and the tiredness doesn't always come out straight away.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Well done hope you can relax and feel proud of yourself and your team tonight. Only one more day until the weekend and then find some time for you because it's very hard to go through this process and the tiredness doesn't always come out straight away.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

well done to you and your staff x