Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Friendship

narnia

Ok, this is, I believe, my 1,000th post and I thought it should be a special one, to mark the auspicious occasion!

Over the past few months, for reasons you will all understand and indeed, have had a big hand in,I have been experiencing the full effects of wonderful, fulfilling friendship and kindness.So, for me, this friendship has been unconditional and there to scoop me up when I need it.I have offers of help, and a shoulder to cry on whenever, and wherever I need it, which i most surely shall, over the coming months of treatments and further surgery.It is, as I have said before, both humbling and inspiring, and to all of you, I extend my thanks.

So.........................what does 'friendship' mean to you??

Congratulations! WOOOOOO!

Er, friendship to me is being able to tell someone absolutely anything and know that you will not be adversely judged by them, that their friendship is not conditional upon you bolstering them all the time, but that you are in it to support each other through fair and foul weather. That no matter what you may say or do, you will always have someone who loves you.

Congratulations Narnia on your 1,000th post, friendship to me means having laughter, being accepting, non-judgemental, trusting, caring, supportive and no matter how far away or how long an absence being able to pick up where you left off.

Not as eloquent as I'd like, but hearfelt all the same.

Karrie

someone you don't need to see or speak to everyday, but you know that whenever you need them and whatever you need them for, they are always there for you, as you are there for them :o

Bless you, narnia. Have been thinking about you.

Well, I suppose friendship is one of the most precious things anyone can have. And it needs constant nurturing, because once lost it can never be replaced.

Thank you all for being friends!

Sue :o

NARNIA, CONGRATULATIONS, 1000 posts WOW. xD

Friendship to me is a person who gives of themselves unconditionally, unjudgmentally and selflessly. A friend also allows me to give too.

I have one best friend who I've known since I was 16, sometimes we don't see each other for ages and ages, then when we get back together it's like we saw each other yesterday. I hadn't seen her since August yet she was the first non family visitor to me when I was recently in hospital, she cried out of worry and I cried for her at the worry she felt, both thinking about each other and not ourselves. We then hugged and took strength from each other to carry on.

I also have many memories of the many times we have laughed together, over very funny experiences and alternatively over trivial silly things. :(

To me a true friend is a soul mate.

Being that the FSF is the first 'community' site I've joined, the development of friendships in a virtual nature has been a wonderful and warming experience for me. I commented on the warmth of the FSF members to each other in a recent post from another member (about a preschool childs family bereavement). The many messages I got when I was in hospital really helped in an immeasurable way. The fun too, shared by everyone, and the empathy and understanding.

All the above plus lots more is what I love about all my FSF 'virtual' friends.

Friends just make the world a better place. :(:o

Peggy

Congratulations!!!!

"Friendship is such an treasured thing it defies explanation by those who experience it"-Biccy

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." -- Bernard Meltzer.

Edited by Guest

1000 posts!!

Magnificent.

WELL DONE YOU!

As for freindship...... it comes in the form of people who get you through tough times.

I have 6 friends who are entirely special to me, over and above the norm of the casual "friends" label.....

Three, I have known snce first school, one from middle school, one from high school and one from college.

We get on well as a collective group and I believe we would be there for each other no matter what.

When I lost my Mum suddenly and quite unexpectedly one of these friends I could call and I could just cry down the phone with her!!

I think if you have true friends you are very rich indeed.

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.

(storypeople)

I have two dearest friends, they are there for me and I am there for them. One is my OH who knows me through and through and accepts me as I am, and I him, the other was my TA for 18 years, and we have been through some terrible times both at work and in our personal lives. We have cried, and we have had lots of fun as well, and always supported each other unconditionally. She is the very best there is.

A real friend is supportive, listens, but tells you the truth in any situation, and because you know they are supportive and care about you can take what they say and deal with it. You can also have a jolly good time with a good friend and be as silly as you like!

Narnia I wondered where you were, and would like you to know that you are thought about every day.

I think I've lost my best friend. I made a mistake. I appologised and we made up but things have changed. She didnt come round for my sons birthday this week.

So a friend is someone you have to be honest with and the honesty must be a two way street.

Congratulations on your 1000th post :oxD

Congratulatons on your 1000th post narnia!

I think the best thing about friends is that they never judge you, always listen and never say "I told you so". Even when, most times, they did!

Maz

I firmly believe you should never have to apologise or justify your taste in music and I speak as a person who's music collection often causes bewilderment & disbelief as people go through it :o .

All is looking good for my 6,000th post thread, then Karrie! xD

I think I've lost my best friend. I made a mistake. I appologised and we made up but things have changed. She didnt come round for my sons birthday this week.

Sorry to hear that Rea - hopefully she just has a lot on at the moment and will be in touch soon.

Take care of yourself.

Mx

All is looking good for my 6,000th post thread, then Karrie! xD

No,No,No,No Maz, that means I'll only have about two weeks - that's not enough time :o

Karrie

Rea, at the risk of sounding cliched, time really can be a great healer, don't despair just yet.

Karrie

This was sent to me by a friend at one of those 'tough times' that life sometimes throws at you:

If luck is a raindrop

I send you a shower

If hope is a minute

I send you an hour

If happiness is a leaf

I send you a tree

And when you need a friend

You'll always have me

Says it all really

sunnyday

What a lovely thread narnia and thanks fro starting it. Well done on this mile stone, more to come I'm sure.

A very dear friend who is no longer with us, sent me this many years ago, It sums it all up to me

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.