Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Well Im Still Around

Inge

I did put a this on Peggy's post but thought to save it getting too confusing should start my own.

I have also been in Hosp since new year and only came out on same day as Peggy. Have only just found myself able to look into the forum... mine involved major surgery but now have like you an enforced 3 months minimum of doing nowt. I am unable to even lift a kettle for 6 weeks! Most I can do is a daily short walk , luckily in the village corner shop is within reach, with help at moment but possible alone eventually if hubby lets me.

Will eventually get round to popping in more, but currently find tired very quickly, so will be off to bed soon again!

Inge

I feel obliged to reply to this one too. I hope this wasn't too much of a shock, make sure you keep your spirits up - please get well soon and listen to your body. Poor you I was only thinking of you the other day and wondering how things were going.

Rest and recover and make sure your family look after you.

Hi Inge, so nice to see your bouncy owl back again. xD

Was your operation planned or an unexpected shock? Either way I wish you a quick recovery. You too take it easy, if you're anything like me though I'm finding it really difficult. WHEN I'm awake my mind is so active and wants to 'get on with things' but my body won't let me, really frustrating. One minute I feel fine and think I'm well on my way to recovery, then the next I feel awful, ie: today I planned to do a bit of report writing, got up, watched a bit of telly, fell asleep at 10:30 to then not wake up until 15:30 :o . Decided to have a shower which then made me feel all woozy and sick. I'm not sure if it's the medication or just my body saying 'take it easy'. I wouldn't mind but I haven't done anything. :(

So, Inge, listen to your body and your hubby and sending healing vibes your way.

Peggy

I wondered where you were Inge. I'm sorry to hear that you have been in hospital and glad that you are back home now and on the road to recovery. Do take things really slowly as it pays off in the end, even if it is frustrating at the time. Exertion, as Peggy has found, is what can tire you out, so take things little by little. It is hard though isn't it when you are someone who is used to being active. I don't think EY's people are very good at sitting about and letting others do things do you?

The plus is that you can join us on here a bit more often :o

Glad your operation went well, but do make sure you rest.....having one operation is enough!!! When I was off sick I got really addicted to daytime TV so look on the positive side....in a few weeks you will be able to value every article you have in your attic!!!

Take care

Julie :o

Sorry to hear your news, Inge, take care & get well soon!

Nona

p.s DO try to follow the Doc's advice - when I had my daughter by C section (nearly 14 years ago) my G.P told me that if I was sensible, rested, ate well & listened to my body I'd heal quicker.

Much as I struggled to sit back and let everyone else look after me & my baby ( xD & Wow, was I resentful!) I did it and my fab G.P declared me fit enough to drive again after 4 weeks and I was released from the 4 walls that were closing in on me :o

sorry to hear about your op , this could be the time to do all the relaxing things you never get to do when you are busy working let your family pamper you as an aid to your recovery. I hope you feel more like your lively self soon

sue

Hi Inge -

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, and lots of your favourite things, eg:

cats

Folk music

Home

Roast Lamb

Tigers

Film. Same Time Next Year (1978)

children laughing

time with my husband and son (and his girlfriend)

They all sound like things you can enjoy while recovering. :o

Hi Inge,

It's lovely to see your bouncing owl back again. Sorry to hear you have been poorly too. As others have said, let people pamper you and enjoy hibernating until Spring!

Lesley :o