Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Things Children Say

Yet another gem from my wonderful son!!

We were sitting at the table eating dinner yesterday and yet again I was encouraging to use his knife and fork, telling him all about how when we go out to eat in retaurants that we have to use our knives and forks as it is good manners and the more you practice it, the easier it gets.

His reply "but mum we're not posh like Auntie Patricia, so we don't need to!!" :o

How do I answer that?? lol

On our trip to the farm we went past a field and a child exclaimed 'is that weetabix? do they just pull it of the top?' if only it was that easy!

• 3 weeks later...

Today I was looking after one of the boys from nursery, and his little sister who's 2 (and a half maybe?) And when I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk to the field across the road, his little sister says "And me, can I come?!" :o As if I'd leave her home alone! Bless her xD

My 6 yr old on the way to school today, having noticed the flashing green indicator arrow on my dashboard........

." If you get lost, it's ok, you just have to follow the arrows".

She thinks my indicators are for my benefit and not for other drivers, bless :o

Peggy

A little boy - talking about his older brother.......

"Ben has got a bad cough in his mouth"

Will he keep it there do you think?

Today "How's your Mum today?" child "She's 37 weeks now" hmmm (Mum isn't pregnant so you've got to wonder ....)

Two old but good I thought..

Last Christmas, children dressed up however they wanted for party - aduldts optional. I decided to get into the spirit and dressed as a Christmas fairy - as I arrived back after lunch in full regalia I was greeted with cries of appreciation from several children admiring my sparkly outfit "Mrs C you look beautiful, what are you?" "Well I'm the fairy off the top of the Christmas tre" said I beaming before a loud voice from the other side of the room piped up "For goodness sake get a grip! You're a GROWN UP!" Put me in my place good and proper :)

Many moons ago Y1 child - very able - wrote in News book:

"Last night I wanted a drink and when I went downstairs Mummy and Daddy were sunbathing in front of the fire and I had to go back to bed."

Best thing was next night was Parents' Evening where they could come in and see their child's work, they made a very quick exit poor loves!

:oxD:(:( pollyputthekettleon.

Whilst in the car, son had a headache and asked for a drink, I passed him his drinks bottle, he took a mouthful then put his head down low near his knees. What are you doing? I asked. I'm trying to get the drink to my headache, he replied. :( bless

Peggy

• 3 weeks later...

I made bread last week with my reception class and had bought some different spreads for the children to try out when we tasted it....I couldnt control my laughter when one little boy said "miss, can i have some more of that lemon turd please?" haha! :o

That's brilliant Dudette! Reminds me of a Harvest Festival display I was producing many years ago for the main school hall in readiness for our special assembly featuring the Bishop (C of E school) Was standing back to admire finished article when realised that the grapes were clearly labelled "A bunch of juicy craps"........was sooo tempted to leave it and see if anyone noticed!

I just picked up a child from school who has been to Kenilworth Castle for the day with her class. When I asked her what she had learned she said "Well nothing really because we knew it all. Mr X went there a few days ago so he'd already told us all about it."

(Shall I tell Mr X what a good job he did? :o )

• 1 month later...

hello everybody, i have just joined the forum, and found this thread, which made me smile!

I work in a C of E school in reception, and it was our first assembly with the local priest.

I sat them all down in rows as the priest (old with a beard) sat at the front ready to start, when a little girl tapped me on the leg and innocently asked "Miss Robbins, is that Jesus?", i tried not to laugh and told her it wasn't and she demanded "well who is it then?!"

hahaaa i was trying to hold the laughter in all assembly!!! x

There's a new girl coming to my 6 year old's school, and when I asjked him if he could remember her name, he said 'Um... Tiger'. When I asked his teacher, saying I would have to apologise to him if that was her name, she laughed 'No', before saying 'Oh, I see!' The new girl's name is Sophie, obviously I've exposed him to too much Tiger Who Came to Tea!

Yesterday we were discussing children in need and pudsey bear and how we donate money and he passes it to children in need. One child came upto me at the end of the day and said whats the name of that bear. I replied which bear? she said the yellow one thats taken all my money today im gonna tell my daddy! 9her dad is a policeman)

we were sitting a table me another staff and 2 children, and we started laughing about somthing they said( a girl says her dad is called windy miller cause he pumps so much, the 2 children had a long conversation about their dads 'wind')

the girl turns around to the other staff and said 'are you alright? are you going to be sick? your making funny noises' made me laugh even harder and the women who was going to be 'sick' had to leave the room!

• 4 weeks later...

At the village school, the Reception Teacher was telling me in the morning that it was her husband's 40th birthday and she'd had to spend the entire week 'bolstering him' as he was feeling low about it. Anyway, on the day she came in smiling, saying he was feeling happier about it. At the end of the day he came to meet her at school and a little boy ran into the classroom saying "Miss, your Dad's here for you" :oxD:( :( :( :wacko: xD

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Had a friend to stay with her daughters and we did a day trip to france throught the channel tunnel... one of them asked if we would hear the splash as the train went underwater :o Same child also stated that 'English Indian tastes nicer than Irish Indian' !!

• 4 weeks later...

One of the boys at Playgroup is a keen Star Wars fan. He said, "I am the best Jedi knight ever. I am so good I can teach people to be Jedi's". I pretended to hold my light sabre and said,

"Can you teach me?" He fixed me with a firm stare, put his hands on his hips and said witheringly,

"Don't be silly. Only young people can be Jedi's."

I felt the force drain from my aged body ..

Conversation with my 3 year old grandaughter.....

Me (gazing out of the window) - "oh stupid snow, just stop now"

Grandaughter - "don't say stupid, it's very rude"

Me - "oh yes darling, good girl, I shouldn't have said that, but I am beginning to hate it now"

Grandaughter - (very serious now) Nana don't say hate, we don't use that word in this house"!

Bless her.........

Never mind the funny things children say...... the other day I was looking after a child who said she hated something, I can't remember what it was, but my response was please don't use that word, she said why and i replied because it's not a nice word I hate it when you say it. Needless to say she looked at me like i'd gone mad!!!

I have a friend with naturally very tight curly hair..

one day she came in with it straightened

( her daughters had been learning to use straighteners!)

On little girl asked.. ' where is your giggly hair gone.. I like it giggly '

Only took a walk in the garden to restore it to its giggly state..

Inge

• 2 weeks later...

My class of year ones are getting cheeky little characters, and today one of the little boys decided he would 'mix it up a bit'!

After lunchtime, he came over and said 'Err, Miss, I have something to tell you its very bad news', as I leaned in to listen he says 'I was talking to the headteacher at lunchtime, she says you're fired'!

Trying not to giggle, I asked if she'd given a reason, to which he replied 'you are a rubbish teacher and she doesn't like you'.

I still can't decide whether those words came from the Head or not.......!

we had some new dressing up clothes donated today,so i left them out, one little girl said she wanted to be a firefighter when she grows up as she put the outfit on, a boy dressed as spider man said he wants to be an artist, the girl then turns to me and said 'what you going to be when you grow up?' as i'm sitting in a cowboy hat and neckerchief!!

i said when i grow up i might work with children

made me feel young, as i turn 30 this year been feeling a bit old!

A little girl I childmind had a pink bike for her birthday, complete with doll carrier and drink bottle. She looked at the picture on the bottle and asked her Mum who it was. Mum replied "Barbie"

My little friend thought about it for a few moments and announced "mmmm - Nona Barbie!" (my surname is Darby) xD

I'm teased about it whenever Barbie is mentioned :o

Nona

Edited by Guest

• 4 months later...

Forgot to post this last week.

During PSHE in Y1, the HLTA was talking about where money comes from. This lead to where does the money for benfits well the answer from one child was 'the Queen' que 3 staff members trying not to laugh too loudly! lol

Beth