Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

first aid box

blondie

Not an exhaustive list, but what i can remember off of the top of my head! We have a first aid shelf really with 2 kits on it. One has adult sizes and plasters, headache tabs etc. the other obviously for the children. In the children's we have a pair of paramedic scissors (nail scissors just don't do it for me), sterile gloves, fever scan, cool patch, (Mr. Bumps kept in the fridge) triangular bandages,sterile swabs, non-fluffy type dressings! Hypo allergenic tape, bandages,proper plasters and 'children's character plasters' for extremely minor hurties! Eye patch, I also have a pen light like they use in A&E for looking at throats and in ears, up noses. This is a good game Blondie, will see if I can remember any more!

we seem to have the same as you panders but also have some mouth guards.

we have aspirin for adults- was suggested at our last first aid training with st johns ambulance.

does anyone have the thermal blanket type things?

now trying to remember ...of course it depends on the size of setting but if i can remember

disposable gloves

eye bandage

triangular bandage

antiseptic wipes

eye pods

various bandages...small med large/conforming and stick on type dressings

safety pins

scissors

finger dressing

vomit bags!

resus shield

ice packs

burn shield

first aid card

micropore

adult stuff and children individual things kept in another cabinet!

plus bum bag for garden and travel kit for outings

we were told recently no safety pins either.

actually quite useful though....if you break an arm the best way to deal with it is just to fold up the bottom of your jumper/t shirt but a safety pin is useful to keep it there

of course if you are girl guide trained you can use it to catch fish too :oxD

• Like 9

actually quite useful though....if you break an arm the best way to deal with it is just to fold up the bottom of your jumper/t shirt but a safety pin is useful to keep it there

of course if you are girl guide trained you can use it to catch fish too :oxD

I was having a sort out a while back and discovered the mini first aid kit I had to make up and carry on every expedition/camp I went on in guides. Among other things it contained... one of my dad's (clean) hankies, folded ready for? and 2 x 10p pieces for making phone calls. Not going to admit to how long ago it was! PS there were (some slightly rusty) safety pins in there too!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 2

. one of my dad's (clean) hankies, folded ready for?

making a make-shift sun hat

collecting small items

cleaning wounds

small bandage

making a handkerchief mouse ! (oh the skills i have!!!!)

oh and of course blowing your nose! xDxD

• Like 2