Jump to content
Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Froglet

Full FSF Member
  • Posts

    1,274
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    228

Everything posted by Froglet

  1. I know, it’s ridiculous isn’t it? An hour of it was writing 4 IEPs so that was a one off. About another hour and a half was going through emails, and responding to ones that needed it and reading all our safeguarding reports online. We’ve all been commenting on how many more emails we’re getting at the moment. Not quite sure what to do about it!
  2. A slightly belated happy Friday to you all. I decided to try and start the new half term by finishing all my work on Saturday. 8 and a half hours later I actually finished! This morning I have equally worked to get governor jobs done, the cleaning and a series of letters written. I’ve been for a walk round the park. I’ve made some masala chai tea and am about to settle into a cosy candlelit crafting afternoon. An update on the ginger cake experiment… it’s two weeks since I first made it. It’s still moist and now has a lovely sticky top. It was worth the wait!
  3. Ok, maybe we should stop with the cracker jokes or Sue will be administering severe penalties! Sue, I’d like it noted that although I started this at no point have I said the actual C word!
  4. I love that idea!
  5. Sounds like a task for FSF! 😉 I did put some cracker jokes in last year and had already decided to put some different ones in again. My youngest niece was hilarious - I wish I could share the video with you. She kept treating them as serious questions so What do you call Santa’s dog? was ‘Wellll… I would call him Elfie.’ Then when her dad said no and gave her the real answer she was totally bemused. Her mum and dad were crying with laughter and after the third one her thumb went in her mouth and was seriously put out! I feel that putting some in again would be an interesting developmental experiment!
  6. Ok, huge apologies right now for mentioning anything festive but I promise I won’t use the actual C word. I could just do with your help… Last year because the family couldn’t get together over the festive period I wanted to make it extra special. I created an advent calendar and wrapped 24 gifts which were then shared out between the three families. Each day one gift was opened and a video of the opening was shared in a cloud photo album I’d set up specially. It was lovely and we were in touch with each other every day of December. I still watch some of the videos - especially the one with my then 4 year old niece’s total bemusement at the seasonal cracker jokes. Anyway, I decided that I’d like to do it again. Many of the gifts were things like mini Kitkat Santa’s. I also included scented candles, a DIY snowflake kit (folded paper), some hot chocolate sachets. My favourite was a package of cotton wool balls for an indoor snowball fight! This year many will be the same type of edible treat but I’m trying to come up with some quirky ideas for other days and any suggestions are gratefully received! Day 1 is sorted - I’m. Making my nieces and nephew candy cane striped socks!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)