Jump to content
Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

sunnyday

Full FSF Member
  • Posts

    7,772
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    940

Everything posted by sunnyday

  1. Oh my actual goodness that is amazing, well done her!
  2. So 'tat' - I will really have to watch my tongue, that's not a very nice description is it 🤦‍♀️🤣 In the first week we made lavender dollies - okay they are sort of cute, but so not my style (mine is currently residing in my downstairs loo... Then came the poppies - I loved this - enjoyed knitting them and loved going down to the church to make arrangements - some of the group can't knit so they made paper poppies which were really lovely and one really talented lady made some huge crochet poppies which have been added to dried hydrangeas around the arch over the door - they are fantastic. I hope that the poppies can be saved and that we can add to them next year (the church warden had been a bit 'sniffy' about the idea, but is now very pleased with the displays!) We did a dried flower arrangement and a fresh flower arrangement - enjoyed these but there could have been a bit more tuition really Last week was 'salt dough' - now you would think that I might be a bit of an expert here 🤣 but my dough was a flippin' disaster 🤦‍♀️ - we were meant to be plaiting dough to make a wreath shape - my dough kept breaking...I tried four times and then the tutor had a go, she couldn't work with my dough, I said "oh, I'm going to bin this and do it again at home" - I didn't need to, as the following morning, as if by magic the most beautiful salt-dough wreath appeared on my doorstep...one of the other lovely ladies had made it for me, how kind is that?! This week is painting and decorating said salt-dough wreaths - well...I don't want to paint mine, it is a lovely natural colour, nor do I want to decorate it with painted dough stars etc - I have found some pretty bits from some Christmas pot-pourri that I am hoping can be glued on - we will see... Next week is Christmas wreaths, which I am really looking forward to After that it is 'cracker making' (no thanks) painted pebbles (hmm not really), some sort of 'santa in a bed' sewing effort (definite no thanks from me), a very tatty looking plastic arrangement on a plate with a log and candle in the middle (pass) - gosh I am an old moaner 😉 in my defence, the clever lady who made the lovely crotchet poppies commented to me in a phone call "I don't want all of this sh*t in my house, we could just go for the chat and laughs" so it's not just me 😂
  3. Whoop! Whoop! Welcome to the world baby Maddie (lovely name) sending my congratulations to all x
  4. Oh poor you - sending loads of get well vibes x Crotchet robin sounds lovely - we will expect a photo! Thank you for your kind words re the poppy display - not too bad for a first attempt
  5. Ah thank you x
  6. Oh amazing news - sending all good wishes x
  7. louby beat me to it - tis indeed Friday again Happy bouncing louby! Flower arranging - hmm - well haven't done much flower arranging really, it seems to have turned into more of a 'craft' thing, which is okay but I'm not particularly interested in all the proposed Christmas projects, I don't go in for a lot of 'tat' in my house...that said, we will be making Christmas wreaths next week which I am really looking forward to I do have a photo of my poppy arrangement at the church but it's on my phone - I can't upload it here - but I did text it to Cait, she might know how to do that??? Anyway, the company is good at the class, we do have a bit of a laugh, so it's all good
  8. Oh my actual goodness young Froglet - that is far too much work for a weekend - not that I have any bright ideas about how you might change that Ginger cake sounds divine!
  9. :lol: Where on earth did the week go? :blink: Honestly no need ever to worry about Monday mornings as it's Friday afternoon before you know it! How is everyone getting on with their 'newbies' - ours fairly smooth - just one little 'whirling dervish' ::1a Happy weekend all :1b
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)