Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYPP spending whilst closed

zigzag

What is everyone doing with their EYPP money whilst closed? I have one child who is entitled to it and I still have their spring term money to spend as well as the summer term money. This now totals £190.80 (I was trying to set up musical sessions) before all this kicked off. I am wondering if I should contact the Mum and find out if they are struggling for anything at home food, clothing etc. If not I was thinking about buying some craft stuff, playdough stuff etc for the little girl and delivering to their home (these are her interests) what does anyone think? What are you all doing?

Sounds like a good idea. If the child's starting School could be used for uniform? 

We only have  one I'm not sure what to do about it. No-one knows why the child gets it- and mum felt a bit insulted to be honest.  We think it was claimed with his previous pre-school without consulting parents! (she left there as she wasn't happy with his care there).  We have been using it for an extra lunch  sessions, as the child wants for nothing, stable family life, (both parents) meeting and above goals etc.    Not sure how this works if we're closed- but I guess I could argue that we may have to reopen anytime?

Edited by louby loo

43 minutes ago, zigzag said:

What is everyone doing with their EYPP money whilst closed? I have one child who is entitled to it and I still have their spring term money to spend as well as the summer term money. This now totals £190.80 (I was trying to set up musical sessions) before all this kicked off. I am wondering if I should contact the Mum and find out if they are struggling for anything at home food, clothing etc. If not I was thinking about buying some craft stuff, playdough stuff etc for the little girl and delivering to their home (these are her interests) what does anyone think? What are you all doing?

That sounds like a lovely idea

I don't have any children with EYPP

I have spoken to the Mum and she wants me to hold onto the money and continue with the idea of getting someone in to do musical sessions with the children. We have the child for another year (thank goodness) At least I can now document I have had a conversation with Mum and what she wants to happen with the money.

• Like 2

I have a friend who has bought supermarket vouchers (after talking to parents) and sent them to EYPP families. Their gratitude was almost tangible. I think there was a directive from LEA that EYPP funds could/should  be passed on to parents

Edited by Gezabel
  • Like 4

On 03/05/2020 at 11:19, Gezabel said:

I have a friend who has bought supermarket vouchers (after talking to parents) and sent them to EYPP families. Their gratitude was almost tangible. I think there was a directive from LEA that EYPP funds could/should  be passed on to parents

That's an absolutely fantastic idea!   

3 hours ago, Cait said:

That's an absolutely fantastic idea!   

I have since found out that our LA are not allowing EYPP to be spent on food, it has to be spent on something educational!  In this crisis when vulnerable families are struggling to put food on the table I strongly disagree with them.

11 hours ago, zigzag said:

I have since found out that our LA are not allowing EYPP to be spent on food, it has to be spent on something educational!  In this crisis when vulnerable families are struggling to put food on the table I strongly disagree with them.

and i would suspect most ofsted inspectors would disagree too! especially as if they were in school they would be getting free school meal vouchers. Your LA's advice seems completely incorrect>:(

• Like 2

17 hours ago, zigzag said:

In that case I would document the money was spent  on food vouchers (Tesco prepaid card etc) to enable the child to carry out cooking activities at home during the lockdown - then go on the  list ALL the benefits of the activity.  What the parents actually choose to spend the food voucher on is their own business :) 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, louby loo said:

In that case I would document the money was spent  on food vouchers (Tesco prepaid card etc) to enable the child to carry out cooking activities at home during the lockdown - then go on the  list ALL the benefits of the activity.  What the parents actually choose to spend the food voucher on is their own business :) 

Oh - you are such a rebel 

Seriously good idea though :)

• Like 1

We have spent just over £150 making a treasure hunt game/matching activity with everything needed to play and posting it out to 120 3/4-year-olds. The feedback has been amazing and so many parents have posted comments and pictures on their tapestry accounts. The money was spent on printing and laminating, envelopes and postage. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GFCCCC said:

We have spent just over £150 making a treasure hunt game/matching activity with everything needed to play and posting it out to 120 3/4-year-olds. The feedback has been amazing and so many parents have posted comments and pictures on their tapestry accounts. The money was spent on printing and laminating, envelopes and postage. 

Not spending EYPP on this but we are going to send out 'flat (Stanley) staff' in the post. Just face photos of staff on a cartoon body. Not my idea- I saw it on Facebook.