Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reasons to be grateful

zigzag

So in these very strange surreal and let’s face it scary times, I thought we needed a thread where we can post happy positive things with no mention of the ‘CV word’

Today I am blooming grateful that I do not have to go to work and can stay at home.  I am grateful that it is a beautiful day and I am going to start getting my garden going for the summer.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Lovely idea zizag - I am extremely grateful as follows:

I don't have to go to work today

The sun is shining

I have a lovely garden to work/sit in

I have a supportive family

DITTO  !   Also grateful they had all the things my lovely neighbour put on her shopping list :O)

• Like 3

Did you see the beautifully clear sky with stunning stars last night?

Also grateful for the bunch of ‘gone over’ bananas I brought home from school - banana pancakes, muffins and bread on their way!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 2

I took my husband for  a physio appointment this morning, went into local supermarket to park-up and read whilst waiting - was surprised to find it car park with just a few cars in, ventured into  the shop and it was just like a normal shop with just a few bare shelves :) 

Not going to lie, it's nice being off work- especially with this beautiful weather. :) 

• Like 2

I am grateful for having a family with a sense of humour. I sent a message asking for photos of signs of spring they might see on their daily walk that I can use in an activity with my class next week. My sister asked if this would count...

34850943-F296-4116-BD92-4F0B15B58A1B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Froglet said:

I am grateful for having a family with a sense of humour. I sent a message asking for photos of signs of spring they might see on their daily walk that I can use in an activity with my class next week. My sister asked if this would count...

Sounds like my family. xDxD

I am making up little craft bags to drop at a couple of friends when on my daily walk.  (Collage pack for 3ys olds)

I'm waiting for the glue to arrive before they can go out.  Seem's all the small pots of glue have flown off the shelves, so i got a bit tub for work and will add a small bottle.

NOTE- I'll just be leaving on door steps in paper bags. They will open them in a few days. 

Edited by louby loo
Added Note!
  • Like 3

im currenlty debating making a couple of teepees for work since i have 2 duvets that i could use. If you want to do something for the environement you could make some Morsbags (morsbags.com) and do some guerilla bagging. They are really simple and quick even i managed! then you just give them away 

• Like 1

I’m grateful for my beautiful two hour walk through a gorgeous valley to the beach in very hot sunshine! (Bliss)

I’m extremely grateful that because his work is closed my son is digging my allotment ready to be rotivated.😀

11883229-FB77-49F3-AE0B-959263EFE1BC.jpeg

Edited by zigzag
Add photo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

im currenlty debating making a couple of teepees for work since i have 2 duvets that i could use. If you want to do something for the environement you could make some Morsbags (morsbags.com) and do some guerilla bagging. They are really simple and quick even i managed! then you just give them away 

I have done loads of the bags :D:D

• Like 1

:(  We were about to make capes and cloaks at work with the children. I take my machine in and they love it. They've  made bags and bunting so far.

I'm getting a little fed up with a group of girls that will find ANYTHING to drop around there necks to be Elsa/Anna, so we thought we'd design and make capes etc.

I'm almost tempted to make masks for a few  vulnerable people I know , but I'm not sure they just don't create a false sense of security?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I'm almost tempted to make masks for a few  vulnerable people I know , but I'm not sure they just don't create a false sense of security?

You see this is where balaclavas really come into their own!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

You see this is where balaclavas really come into their own!

And probably more effusive than a homemade mask! xD  

I tell you, we - girls/ladies/ whatever you like to be known as- were waaaaaaay ahead of the game here! xDxDxD

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Panders said:

that is soooo me!  Louby loo, the amount of stuff I have stored in my special "secret safe" place over the years, then forget I have it.

Yes, the other week I rang from work asked if he could collect some sand when he was next out. The sand arrived within 10 mins, when I said that was quick he looked miffed and said... well it was just sitting in the garage. xD

• Haha 2