Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Favourite 3 Films

Steve

Any Steve Mcqueen film (I absolutly adore him)

Love is a many splendored thing (I cry every time i hear the music)

Pay it forward (Watched it recently, i cried at this too)

I'm a bit of a softie

I wondered if you'd notice that, trea! :o Well, have you heard it, Steve?

Yes, I have to say 'The Worst Witch' was a favourite of mine, too - but when my daughter was small! I loved the books, hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks children's books are too good these days to be left on the shelves! xD

Sue :D

Sue R you beat me to it!! Jeff Buckley Rules :o His version of Hallellujah is just breath taking! I do Love Cohen though, songs of Love and Hate, brilliant!

Right top three films

1. Get Carter (Original, NOT, I repeat NOT rubbish stallone re-make)

2. Goodfellas

3. Willy Wonka!

and if i can sneak a fourth in Once were Warriors! :)

o0o0o Willy Wonka, I'd totally forgotten about that. I love that film. Reminds me of my late grandad, who used to put it on the TV for me and my brother every half term when we went to stay!

Oh and Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah is amazing, although I'm not a big fan. I'm afraid overkill by my ex put me off him.

I wondered if you'd notice that, trea! :o Well, have you heard it, Steve?

Yes, I have to say 'The Worst Witch' was a favourite of mine, too - but when my daughter was small! I loved the books, hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks children's books are too good these days to be left on the shelves! xD

Sue :D

Absolutely not! Kids books are pretty much the only ones I read these days, with the odd exception. For a good bit of informative reading I love nothing better than the Horrible series. I have loads of the history, geography and Dead Famous books. They are great.

Oh and now I've started thinking about the Worst Witch I may have to dig out the video and watch it tomorrow!

Fav films...

from my childhood "Bambi"

from my youth " That'll be the Day / Stardust" with David Essex (MMmmmmmm)

As a grown-up (well, I think I am) "Ghost"

I have to confess, shock horror :o I haven't seen any of the Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter films...no doubt will get to see some over the christmas break

oooh that reminds me does The Snowman" count as a film???? I love this too, my grandson (aged 3yrs) has watched it every night since last December before going to bed. This must be a record.

Peggy

No Peggy, I dont think so, my daughter watched it several times a day for what seemed like forever when it first came out (the snowman that is). In fact its where she learned how to use the video recorder. (which is still beyond me!). She still talks about it and shes 16 now!!

I think 'The Snowman' should!! xD

My son has had it on video forever, he's 22 now. He has just replaced it with a DVD as it's wearing a bit thin!! :(

Oh, Nichola!! :( What a terrible thing to have done to you!! Being put off the wondrous Jeff!

Your ex deserves terrible suffering on that count alone :o

Sue :(

This is hard.....................

In third place.............................Harvey. I'm with you Steve on that one, although ANY Jimmy Stewart will do.

In second place..........................Sunset Boulevard,. "ready for my close up Mr De Mille"

Joint first: Guys and Dolls : Brando sings!! To be or not to be, Ernst Lubitsch directed this and it's the best film ever. Carloe Lombard stars and it was the last film she made before she died.

But where do I put Singingin the Rain???? Or Anything with Cary Grant??? Breakfast at Tiffanys????Before Sunrise/Sunset????All of LOTR???????? HELP!!!

:oxD

Ohh 3 films....tricky!!

I too love kids films and still watch Mary Poppins every Christmas/Easter/Bank Holiday. It's one of my faves.

Pretty woman. (Think Julia Roberts is great)

Stand By Me

Grease

Sound of Music

Wizard of oz

All musical ones - sorry!

May sneak a forth one in - Dirty dancing (nobody puts baby in the corner!) hope someone knows what I'm goin on about! :o

Love your choices Kat! I just don't seem able to confine myself to only 3 films. Wanted to share something else though - I just discovered that if you click on the number when a thread has multiple pages it takes you straight to that page, rather than having to go in through the 1st page!!!

I'm sure you all knew this already, but I was dead chuffed with that little discovery!

:D:D:D:D:D

Dianne

Like everyone else it's hard to narrow it down to three but will try hard!

1. Bridget Jones (the filrst one)

2. Pretty In Pink (everyone in the cinema applauded and cheered when it had finished - may have something to do with late night Saturday showing)

3 Shrek 2 (my 7 year old son never has it off the tele at the moment)

could go on and on and on and on etc

I decided to add my three best films as well - they are

Grease

Ghost

Shrek

By the way, I have just read the two books that were recommended on here - Lovely Bones and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night time. Lovely Bones was absolutely brilliant, one of those books you can't put down. Mind you I cried on and off through it!! The Curious Incident was truly amazing - recommend them both.

Sue J

It is VERY hard to just select three but mine are:

What Dreams May Come (Robin Williams - very obscure BUT very fantastic!)

Pay It Forward ( I have let lots of people borrow this, and try to follow the idea in my life :o )

Erin Brockovich ( A real girl power film, based on a true story - Brilliant!)